What's Next ?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If you are like me and still on the Original Droid, what is next for us?
Pretty soon we will be forced to upgrade to a 4g droid that handle Roms that demand more memory, apps that need more ram and stronger processor.

What would be your next device?

i'm thinking a duel core 4g..

brenneisec

Reaction score
If you are like me and still on the Original Droid, what is next for us?
Pretty soon we will be forced to upgrade to a 4g droid that handle Roms that demand more memory, apps that need more ram and stronger processor.

What would be your next device?

i'm thinking a duel core 4g..

im waiting for the bionic. its a beast of a phone. i love motorola products (even if my damn bootloader is locked on my X), especially considering how much the thunderbolt has been delayed (currently delayed because its battery life has tested horribly while on the 4G network). if there is something else that catches my eye by the time the bionic comes out it will just come down to specs and what feels nice in my hands. which right now its my XOOM :D

OSX2000

Reaction score
As for my next phone...4g is a must, as is a dual core processor. The rest, I leave up to fate. A locked bootloader is a definite no-no, so that pretty much leaves Motorola in the dust. Maybe Sprint, on a yet-unreleased Galaxy-S model? I dunno...we'll see what's out in October, when my VZW contract is up...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The D2G being my first smartphone, I dont see what the big deal is about the bootloader anyways.

I can still remove bloat and retheme Android to whatever I want. This phone is plenty fast and I can still underclock/undervolt. I am very happy with it. Even overclocked and custom kernel/rom'd, your OG droids at best match what I can still do :p

All that being said, 4G dual core OMAP 4430 1 GB ddr2 ram hardware keyboard. Thats what I want.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The D2G being my first smartphone, I dont see what the big deal is about the bootloader anyways.

I can still remove bloat and retheme Android to whatever I want. This phone is plenty fast and I can still underclock/undervolt. I am very happy with it. Even overclocked and custom kernel/rom'd, your OG droids at best match what I can still do :p

All that being said, 4G dual core OMAP 4430 1 GB ddr2 ram hardware keyboard. Thats what I want.

The big deal is why did Moto lock it? Many think it is so they can hold OS upgrades hostage to sell new phones. You can't install custom kernels, which means if Moto never releases a new version of Android then the D2G never gets it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brenneisec

Reaction score

The big deal is why did Moto lock it? Many think it is so they can hold OS upgrades hostage to sell new phones. You can't install custom kernels, which means if Moto never releases a new version of Android then the D2G never gets it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

if anyones guilty of holding updates back it would be samsung. no clue why they would lock it tho. i guess they didnt realize they android is OPEN SOURCE

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I agree a locked boot loader eliminates a lot of flexibilty but as much as we customize a D1 and get more out of it, eventually it just wont be enough.

I still did not see anything i actually want to upgrade to.. I do want to stay on Verizon thou so sprint is not an option.

I am anxiously waiting for a new strong smartphone, i want an unlocked bootloader but if the device is right it wont be a deal breaker.

My D1 has the Galaxy power widget, 15 different themes in a click of a button, i'm running a FRG83G Froyo rom as GB is still not stable. So it is as updated as most newer devices. I hope Verizon would offer something really advanced soon.

Last edited: