What's next for us?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by shanook, Aug 21, 2013.

1. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    So the droid 4 has been out for a while now, while it still outperforms a lot of phone's, I'm looking to move on to the next thing.

While I refuse to buy an all touch screen phone, I think it's safe to say that we all bought this phone because of it's functionality and keyboard.

When can we expect the next smartphone with a keyboard to come out? I'm really sick of motorola and I'm hoping samsung will make one. I won't keep my hopes up though.

Have any of you guys heard of anything?

2. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My guess is that the physical keyboard is done. The more time that goes by without hearing about a successor, the less likely there will be one.

The hard fact is that manufacturers are looking to hit the big demographic and we just aren't that. It's a shame cause I hate the idea of getting a non-physical KB phone. But it's gonna be unavoidable, I'm afraid.

3. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I feel like ima have to go and spam major company's with request for a physical keyboard phone. I don't want to have this phone forever, I already feel like a dinosaur. I feel like if I get an all touch screen phone ima have to get a bluetooth pocket sized keyboard or something.

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    I heard LG is releasing a QWERTY phone

5. GigaJake

GigaJake Member

Ratings:
    +17
    The LG slider looks inferior to the D4 already...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

6. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
  7. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the querty slider is the new clamshell.

8. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Damn that lg slider looks like absolute garbage. It's a downgrade in every single way.

It's absolutely a shame that they make phones that don't fit in your pocket and are inconvenient, but they won't make a qwerty style phone for its functionality. Especially in it's landscape mode.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carol_in_FL

Carol_in_FL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New (Upgrade) Physical High End Phone Needed to Replace Aging Droid 3 & Droid 4 Phone

I agree wholeheartedly! I really like some of the new features coming out on the new Samsung SG4 and the Note3, but, but, but, why can't they have a physical keyboard??? I'm still limping along on a 2-year old Droid 3 (so I won't lose my unlimited data plan) and was really hoping that Motorola was going to update the Droid 4 soon. Has anyone heard any rumors at all? I have a feeling there's a lot of current Droid 3 and 4 users out there that really could use a new phone like me. There may be a bigger audience for this device than they think!

10. NOVICE

NOVICE Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    If the Note 3 had a physical keyboard that would be one big ass phone.

11. Big D

Big D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The most telling thing to me on why I think the physical KB is done is that they're just not building it. There's no talk, no rumor, no leaks not an iota of speculation about the D5 from a credible source (or not credible source). It's been a year or more, no?

The time has been ripe for a while now. The D4 is LOOOOONG in the tooth. I'm surprised that they even still offer it. And while I don't think it's a full-on dinosaur, it's a long way from current.

It'll suck and I think it'll be a step back, but I'm preparing to move on without my KB. Or pee myself out of happiness if they build a D5. But something tells me if they haven't started by now, it's not in the plans.

12. kwyrt

kwyrt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    D5 will be announced March 2014. How do I know you ask? Because I am due for an upgrade in February of 2014. So as soon as I buy a stinking non-qwerty phone, I am quite certain they will announce the D5.