What's next for Sapphire?

skyyaa

Reaction score
Everyone likes a little bit more battery life or a little bit more performance, but let's face it, most changes between ROMs are marginal in those respects. Looks like Sapphire 1.0 is as solid as they come, with all the latest features, good performance, good battery, etc.

This is a question I've been thinking about - besides the slight bug fixes here and there, what's next from the Sapphire team and/or custom ROMs in general? Time to sit tight until gingerbread leaks? Interested in what you guys think. :greendroid:

w0lfinator

Reaction score
I'd love to see just minor tweaks.. For example.. I love the ability to end a call using the power button(Bugless Beast). I am sure there are other ones like this..

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
well right now, we're working on the bug fixes, looking into feature requests, and porting our work to more devices, like ruby for the droid incredible

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
U guys need a vacation.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Time to sit tight until gingerbread leaks?
Will the Droid be able to run gingerbread? I thought they said it wouldn't work on the D1

That was a rumor AFAIK. I'm confident Droid can run the next Android version, at the very least it will be available to the root/custom ROM users among us. But I would obviously feel no further OTAs will be forthcoming, as Droid 1 is now obsolete in the eyes of Verizon and Moto.

lowboy

Reaction score
My daughter wants a pink theme for sapphire 1.0.0. I won't put anything else besides Sapphire on her phone and she doesn't know how to do it.
So if anybody would port one I sure would be happy. She then would leave me alone..................LOL

BigMace23

Reaction score
well right now, we're working on the bug fixes, looking into feature requests, and porting our work to more devices, like ruby for the droid incredible

I'm def looking forward to a fix for switching tracks using the volume rocker... although they don't happen too often, those song loops can be pretty annoying haha. This is my #1 request for the next release :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I suppose the stagefright patch can be incorporated and drop the other encoder they had gone too ...

I just installed 1.0, evaluating it now.

If I can go off topic for a second, how does one get the fonts shown in the screenshot of the nex theme? (Though I may go to the Droid x too ...)

OP
S

skyyaa

Reaction score
How about the ability to change the color of pressed highlights in the OS from the default orange to any other color. Lots of themes do this obviously, but would be the next step from tweaking status bar colors and would be very handy.

Also another one I had - anyway to incorporate the way HTC Sense's Contact app works in that you can immediately start searching for someone on the first screen by typing in their name on the dial pad?