What's Next? Droid and the plateau?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by EpyonZeroX, Mar 1, 2010.

1. EpyonZeroX

EpyonZeroX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel as of late that the development of the droid (roms wise) has begun to plateau, not that its such a bad thing, pete and all the other dev from alldroid have made leaps and bounds in the area of modding the droid and we as a the droid community cannot thank them enough.

I just think in the past 2-3 weeks things have slowed down? Besides the SenseUI port to the droid (which is in itself interesting/groundbreaking?) The rom's department at least in respect to bringing us something new hasn't really made a step foward.

I'm running BB1.0 currently and honestly it's the best/first rom i've used. No complaints whatsoever. But scanning through these forums and all droid all i am beginning to see is people continuing trying to reinvent the wheel? (so to speak) so what are your opinion fellow droid-ers?

2. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well everything is pretty much done. Besides a stable 2.1 launcher with dedicated buttons with interactive live wallpapers, what else is left?

3. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as development, yes, it does seem that it has begun to plateau. The app market is still skyrocketing though, keep your eyes out for that, I still find at least one new app per day to give a shot. I think once we can place apps and such on the sd card somehow development will skyrocket again, there is only so much you can do with the space on the phone itself, but with 16gigs to play with, possibilities increase exponentially.