What’s left to do to Project Durden

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by WoZzY, Jul 20, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Another status update for Project Durden!
    We’re currently working on the kernel – pulling in the CPU speed/voltage settings from DroidMod 1.0, and beating DMUpdater in to shape to make distribution of the ROM in update.zip format prettier when we decide it’s ready for release. SPRecovery already supports flashing update.zips, so we’re likely to still be using it by the time the ROM is released. We’ve been using a development version of DMUpdater internally to aid in dev snapshot distribution.
    Current list of known issues:
    Auto-focus does not work. On initial inspection, it seems that this is a configuration issue, and not a driver issue.
    Voice directions in navigation don’t work. Text to speech is working, so this is probably a missing permission or configuration error.
    Charging on USB isn’t working. Oddly enough, AC charging works.
    If you can stand to live without those three things, there are dev snapshots floating around on IRC that you can try out. Let us know what you think!

2. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Def good to know...Can't wait to see the finished product

3. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like to be close to a release according to the Droid Mod team they are aware of all the current bugs & they are working on them currently & amping up DMu for the release so who is excited

4. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm excited but I know peeople are going to be dissappointed because its not gonna be flashy. Honestly though...when has SM DM ever been anything but rock solid with the best/most efficient kernel in town? That's what I'm waiting on personally.

5. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This weekend, I am going to attempt to start my first theme. It will be for DM, but I have never tried making a theme. who knows, maybe something will come of it.

6. neemo6

neemo6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All im asking is that my phone runs cooler than it currently runs on dm1. Everytime I run gmaps, games, or anything requiring internet phone goes into failsafe mode due to the heat created.