What's in 2.1 - Findings, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodean

Reaction score
Does Blue Tooth voice dialing work now with 2.1?
If not,have you noticed anything improved with BT and 2.1?

gruve

Reaction score
Droid%20all%205a.gif.jpg

In 2.1, is there still the square box as shown above to get to the home screen? I had this on my phone when I was running 2.1 rom, since I did the manual install, I am back with the tab that was original with 2.01

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
I just had my first Droid replaced with a new one today, and it grabbed the update right away. I use the bt everyday at work with my headset and it works as well as the old one. Great distance and clairity...

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I actually still kind of like the Weather Channel app. The widget for it isn't as cool but I have multiple locations set up and from what it seems, I'd need three weather widgets to do that. Plus the Weather Channel app has forecast videos. If they update the News and Weather widget to look like the one on the HTC HD2 then I'll use it. Go check it out if you haven't; animated clouds, rain, etc...! :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amazon mp3 app renamed to no longer show up at top of app drawer. AND settings have reset so that the store periodically runs. I changed that setting:

Mp3 store settings > Monitor connection > UNCHECK

Just got OTA this morning. Hoping for bug fixes, especially more solid email connectivity and call quality. Already think I'm seeing some improvements. Text areas acting better in browsers? Speaking into text boxes is awesome too!

segen77

Reaction score
I've noticed with the update when I do a fast scroll in the contacts, and the slider comes out, it no longer works well with showing the letter of where I am in the contacts as is use it.

this works fine for me. it pops the letter up in the top middle of the screen.

Jeepers

Reaction score
I LOVE how the gallery works - hooks the pics with GPS and can slot right onto a map - labels the album with the location of where the pics were taken - very kewl :) (and now don't have a bunch of square boxes in the gallery with multi copies - clean and neat now :D and details also tells where the pic was taken

nhfire152

Reaction score
Led

I have noticed that when my Droid is in the Dock, and I get an email or text, the LED does not activate. When I remove the Droid from the Dock, it activates.

Another thing people have found is that the led will only go on when you get a notification while the phone is turned off (not powered off). If you are actively using the phone the light will not come on.

nhfire152

Reaction score
Stock Email App Issue

I just posted this under the "2.1 Rollout" thread..but figured I would contribute my two cents here as well.

Regarding the Stock Email App...since the 2.1 upgrade, when I go into the Email App, and my 2 accounts are listed, I am not getting the counter indicating how many emails I have in each account. If the counter is there, 99% of the time it is NOT accurate.

I need to manually go into each email account, and make sure that everything was read.

I have also noticed A LOT more ghost messages.

Frank the Tank in Central NY

Other than just yahoo mail specifically (which is still buggy, apparently, with some still reporting multiple sent messages and no notifications), are people finding any new improvements/problems with stock email app now?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
In 2.1, is there still the square box as shown above to get to the home screen? I had this on my phone when I was running 2.1 rom, since I did the manual install, I am back with the tab that was original with 2.01

No. But you can use Helix or other custom launchers to get that functionality.

No, BT voice dial does not work on any version of the Android OS for any phone so far. BT seems about the same to me.

I've noticed with the update when I do a fast scroll in the contacts, and the slider comes out, it no longer works well with showing the letter of where I am in the contacts as is use it.

It only pops up the letters once you grab the slider. If you're just flicking the screen to scroll it doesn't pop up the letters. That's how it's always worked.

TBV

Reaction score

Out if the other improvements I have read about, that is he one thing I was truly hoping would be addressed...simply asinine that a feature such as that which is standard on damn near any basic mobile phone would not be available on such an advanced device...

Any word on that?

BigTex71

Reaction score

Out if the other improvements I have read about, that is he one thing I was truly hoping would be addressed...simply asinine that a feature such as that which is standard on damn near any basic mobile phone would not be available on such an advanced device...

Any word on that?

It is not on ANY Android-powered device. BTW, The Droid has a better built-in solution called Voice Search.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i did the manual update,, landscape on the homepage does not work unless the keys are out.. and that back button thing does not work either.. if im on the browser and hit home button, then back button, nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.