What's going on with battery usage?

Big Ry

Reaction score
My phone has been off the charger for 42 minutes and its currently down to 89% (which sucks but that's another story). The ONLY thing I've done since taking it off the charger was delete some Gmail and read a thread here using tapatalk. When I check to see what apps have used the battery in those 42 minutes, I get a list that includes phone and maps? I understand sometimes other apps may need geolocation information, so I guess I understand the maps...but phone!? And its using quite a bit of battery! Last night I noticed this too. And after a full days use, I had something like 17% of my battery devoted to maps (even though I never opened the app).

a6f8203b-d8de-1706.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
That's strange. Did you try rebooting your phone? You could have an app "hanging".

I remember this would happen with my D1 sometimes and a reboot would fix it. Are you stock or on a custom rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
That's strange. Did you try rebooting your phone? You could have an app "hanging".

I remember this would happen with my D1 sometimes and a reboot would fix it. Are you stock or on a custom rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Well I hadn't tried rebooting before, but I rebooted this afternoon after I made this thread to test my reception. It now says my phone used 7% and Maps isn't even on the list, so maybe the reboot helped? Also, I've been in the exact same location since the reboot, so my that could explain why maps hasn't been using the battery.

I'm running Axiom 2.2

Htown315

Reaction score
Open maps..menu...if you see "Join Latitude" then back out as you are not signed in. Otherwise hit ..menu..settings..location reporting.. sign out of latitude.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Open maps..menu...if you see "Join Latitude" then back out as you are not signed in. Otherwise hit ..menu..settings..location reporting.. sign out of latitude.
How on earth did I miss that? :eek: lol Thanx