What's for dinner?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
FoxKat, that is not enough to survive on. I'd be starving. You better get something more to eat. I think I ate quadruple that today.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't have a recipe for these as I make them a few different ways, depending on what I have on hand. These had diced & sauteed zucchini, baby bella mushrooms & tomato. 2-3oz of grass fed ground beef, tbsp of Italian seasoning, tsp of thyme, 3 tbsp worscheshire sauce, cup of rice. Put the mixture in the hollowed out tomato & mushroom, top with just a tiny sprinkle of bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese and bake for about 10 min at 375.
Oh, and I did prebake them empty for about 10 min before I fillled them. This keeps the tomatoes intact at the end by drawing out some of the moisture so it's not a big soggy mess.... you'll want to pour that liquid from the tomato into your mixture and then let everything cool for a few minutes before you fill them.
I don't usually put meat in them, but they are usually sides and tonight it was dinner so I added just a little ground beef.

S5 tap'n

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I do close to the same with stuffed portobello mushrooms. I use balsamic vinegar dressing as like a marinate, stuffed with lots of garlic (I love garlic), often crab or shrimp and sometimes sausage, scallions, baby spinach, tomato, jalapeño pepper, sometimes green pepper & celery. Depends on what's in my refrig. Top with grated cheese (any kind but usually either jack or mozzarella) and grill.

Reactions: cr6

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Almost the same as yours only stuffing the portobello instead of the tomato. I may have to do them tomorrow.

A super easy quick snack.... sliced tomatoes, layer of fresh baby spinach and sliced mozzarella cheese, drizzled with balsamic vinegarette. Can either be eaten cold or can be grilled.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This evening's dinner for the wife. No calorie counting tonight.
Baby back ribs (cooked low & slow for 3 1/2 hours), roasted butternut squash and jasmine rice.
Mwr5MU0.jpg

S5 tap'n

I fell asleep on this thread only to miss Chef @cr6 sharing his recipes and stuff. Man I need to wake up to this thread.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Here it is... crab & spinach stuffed portobello. (Thanks @cr6 for the inspiration. I haven't made these in months).
bb9c23076faf52227afc68571fb3025f.jpg
e2463edc54c4c8d541669c382035c2bc.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Man...you people tick me off..LOL..all I've known mostly is chicken breast or lean beef and brown rice, broccoli and scrambled eggs LOL..I even ate it on cheat day....there's something wrong with me..I've settled into eating for function...I gotta really cheat ...hmmm...but I guess when you eat steak and stuff a lot..most everything else is processed garbage..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Very easy to make and you can be as creative as you want. I don't think I've ever made them the same way twice. These I marinated the mushrooms in balsamic vinegarette & worstershire, then baked at 350 for 10 min. Warmed the crab on the stove in lemon juice & balsamic vinegarette, added chopped onion and cooked some more. Pulled off stove. Added chopped tomato, chopped mushroom stems (from the portobellos), minced garlic, and fresh baby spinach, oregano, basil, salt, pepper. Mixed in one beaten egg, some grated mozzarella, some bread crumbs. Filled the mushroom caps. Topped with grated mozzarella and bake or grill for 10-15 minutes. So yummy!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Dessert - chocolate cake topped with crumbled Oreo cookie layered with vanilla and chocolate mousse and whipped cream!
deca014b1cd8e28d3cef4928f8555fe5.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
IZAMg4r.jpg
Had to post a pic of my baby backs that we're having for dinner tonight.
QZiCGwe.jpg

C'mon @94lt1 ... let's see yours....I know you were man'ing the grill today!

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FoxKat, that is not enough to survive on. I'd be starving. You better get something more to eat. I think I ate quadruple that today.

Sorry. Not really much of an appetite anymore. Hunger seems to have taken a back seat to stress.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sorry. Not really much of an appetite anymore. Hunger seems to have taken a back seat to stress.
I understand. Stress has a way of ruining the most appetizing of meals. Concentrate on eating light several times a day bc you still need nutrition.