What's for dinner?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wish I liked shrimp / seafood we have so much here...
Yeah.. Living right on the Gulf in Southeast TX.. We have tons if "fresh sea food"... But with the oil spills.. I won't touch it.. So seafood is not a big part of my diet.. I do have a thing for grilled tilapia and lemon though... But that's grown out of eating it so often..

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
You'd like San Diego, no issues with the sea food, unless you're catching the Mex Brown Trout in the Tijuana River...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk.. I thought a lot of Pacific Ocean sea food had issue from the Japanese nuclear incident..?? Idk..

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Not what's caught off our coast, maybe if it's caught there off Japan, but it doesn't come here.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Kewl.. I don't care for radioactive fish lol..

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
It's not the radioactive part that will kill you, it's the lead from the sea bed... Apparently the Halibut up in Alaska has lots of lead content, and you're only supposed to eat it occasionally...
I'm lucky, I just get lead from the cows and chicken I eat ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. I eat a lot of chicken breast and beef.. But i also eat certain cuts of pork.. But mostly beef and chicken..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I for one love and miss fresh seafood. It was a huge part of my diet before moving to a land locked state. The problem now is the tremendous amount of mercury found in so much of our fresh & saltwater fish/shellfish, so eating it in small quantities is your best bet these days.
I used to eat a lot of Tilapia years ago until I learned the dangers of eating farm raised fish. It's next to impossible to find "wild caught" Tilapia, and most farm raised fish are fed a vegetarian diet, which obviously isn't a normal diet for most fish.
Wild caught is usually only a dollar or two more and is a much healthier alternative.

S5 tap'n

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I for one love and miss fresh seafood. It was a huge part of my diet before moving to a land locked state. The problem now is the tremendous amount of mercury found in so much of our fresh & saltwater fish/shellfish, so eating it in small quantities is your best bet these days.
I used to eat a lot of Tilapia years ago until I learned the dangers of eating farm raised fish. It's next to impossible to find "wild caught" Tilapia, and most farm raised fish are fed a vegetarian diet, which obviously isn't a normal diet for most fish.
Wild caught is usually only a dollar or two more and is a much healthier alternative.

S5 tap'n
Yes, watch out for that farm raised fish, it is fed SoilentPink...

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Pics or it was all a mirage!

S5 tap'n
ad03b1a435fb6363214644bc90c79c5d.jpg

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Last night's dinner was BBQ Squid, Shrimp Cakes, Fried Rice and VERY Spicy Seafood Salad... yum..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Gives it that old west look. Now you just need to be sitting in the background with the little lady in your lap and a big shotgun in the other hand.

S5 tap'n