Whats everyones setup for best battery life(setcpu, APN toggle, etc)

tu3218

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyones setup is as far as getting the best battery life out of this rom. In the power control bar in the pull down bar, what do you guys have toggled on(white) and toggled off(grayed out). Also do you use setcpu and what do you have it at. I think the APN toggle and CPU toggle have something significant to do with battery life but I'm not sure about them and actually what effect they have. I've only had this rom for 2 days so I'm still experimenting but for those who've had it longer, it'd be nice to here what you have going on and your own preferences and whats worked best.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First get another battery at Amazon. It will cost 8.00. Next get a wall charger off of ebay. 5.00. Get a cradle to keep your phone in and put your charger on it. 29.00 (tops).

There you go. That's the best set up for long battery life.;)

azpilot

Reaction score
Normal phone and texting I get through the day with 60% battery left. I'm good and have just the basic MIUI rom and 1.0 ghz kernal from Chevy. I do keep my backlight at 25% and this helps a lot too.

publicanimal

Reaction score
First get another battery at Amazon. It will cost 8.00. Next get a wall charger off of ebay. 5.00. Get a cradle to keep your phone in and put your charger on it. 29.00 (tops).

Even better, get the standalone battery charger so you can charge batteries without them being in your phone.

I have 3 batteries and simply swap out batteries when I get low power notifications.

excellentnuke

Reaction score
I can get through the day with 80% battery remaining. I'm overclocked to 1.1 GHz with a minimum of 550 MHz in SetCPU. APN and Wifi are always off unless I plan on using something that requires internet access, and that's obviously a big part of it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Even better, get the standalone battery charger so you can charge batteries without them being in your phone.

I have 3 batteries and simply swap out batteries when I get low power notifications.

That's the wall charger I mentioned for 5 bucks on ebay.;)

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score

Yeah I probably will do this but I can't always just carry a battery with me. So for these cases, I was wondering what will get me the longest time out of my battery.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A lot of this sounds like inflation.

I dont know why people do that, but I used to get the same nonsense with paintball when I played. Guys would say they get like 1200+ out of a case of paint on a DM7....with mods...and then in reality it was more like 900.

Honestly, battery life is not great when using your phone. It doesnt matter what the smartphone is that you are using....if you use it...its bad battery life.

Under normal usage (10 text, 1 hr pandora with screen off, minimal browsing, mostly sleeping while at work...which is a typical day) I get about 70 percent after work, which is about 10 hours use...but on a day where Im home and I use my phone a lot, I get a lot less. Like probably 10 percent or so per hour. Thats pretty heavy usage. It doesnt matter what ROM or kernal I use...thats the truth.

Its hard to judge/scale your personal usage against someone else. There are a lot of factors that can effect batt life. (ie, tower location, phone idle, display usage, gps, apps you use during the day etc). Its too difficult to compare your results to someone elses...unless your usage is similar.

On average, I think I get anywhere from 16-20 hours of usage on my phone on a full charge.

If I use it a lot, its even less....like 10 hours or less on a full charge. That would be using gps, heavy browsing, etc.

Dont bother listening to inflated numbers. Most people will inflate their numbers because that is what they "wish" they got out of their phone.

robyr

Reaction score
A lot of this sounds like inflation.

I dont know why people do that, but I used to get the same nonsense with paintball when I played. Guys would say they get like 1200+ out of a case of paint on a DM7....with mods...and then in reality it was more like 900.

Honestly, battery life is not great when using your phone. It doesnt matter what the smartphone is that you are using....if you use it...its bad battery life.

Under normal usage (10 text, 1 hr pandora with screen off, minimal browsing, mostly sleeping while at work...which is a typical day) I get about 70 percent after work, which is about 10 hours use...but on a day where Im home and I use my phone a lot, I get a lot less. Like probably 10 percent or so per hour. Thats pretty heavy usage. It doesnt matter what ROM or kernal I use...thats the truth.

Its hard to judge/scale your personal usage against someone else. There are a lot of factors that can effect batt life. (ie, tower location, phone idle, display usage, gps, apps you use during the day etc). Its too difficult to compare your results to someone elses...unless your usage is similar.

On average, I think I get anywhere from 16-20 hours of usage on my phone on a full charge.

If I use it a lot, its even less....like 10 hours or less on a full charge. That would be using gps, heavy browsing, etc.

Dont bother listening to inflated numbers. Most people will inflate their numbers because that is what they "wish" they got out of their phone.

This man speaks the damn truth, so listen to him. If you are getting bad life, examine use patterns.

luigi90210

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyones setup is as far as getting the best battery life out of this rom. In the power control bar in the pull down bar, what do you guys have toggled on(white) and toggled off(grayed out). Also do you use setcpu and what do you have it at. I think the APN toggle and CPU toggle have something significant to do with battery life but I'm not sure about them and actually what effect they have. I've only had this rom for 2 days so I'm still experimenting but for those who've had it longer, it'd be nice to here what you have going on and your own preferences and whats worked best.
you have an android phone
you will always get bad battery life

if you want to get better life than the average user does i suggest flashing a LV or ULV kernel and try not to use it

i myself am a heavy user and i drop about 10-15% every 2 hours
when i start school im at 100% and at the end of the day(which is about 6 hours) i have 50-60% life left

but if you really want good battery life buy the D2 extended battery

ASN-121

Reaction score
Using this ROM, my battery has been lasting a lot better with similar usage to before. It has fluctuated a bit though... About two weeks ago on v2, I took my phone off the charger around 7, used my phone quite a bit during the day (texts, 3-4 calls, nav, internet, email, etc) and by 9:30 at night, I still had 70% battery. The next day, it dropped a lot faster.
But on average, I see about 50-60% by the end of the night (11-12PM) after taking it off the charger around 6:45-7.

killjoylm1

Reaction score
I started using two programs recently that have been saving me so much battery power. First is a program called NoBars, which puts the phone in flight mode if no cell signal is detected and will check periodically for cell service and re-enable. The second is Auto Wifi Toggle, which does what you would think disable wifi when not in range of known wifi access. I would say using both of these apps have at lease doubled and if not tripled my battery life.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
I started using two programs recently that have been saving me so much battery power. First is a program called NoBars, which puts the phone in flight mode if no cell signal is detected and will check periodically for cell service and re-enable. The second is Auto Wifi Toggle, which does what you would think disable wifi when not in range of known wifi access. I would say using both of these apps have at lease doubled and if not tripled my battery life.

Cool, I'll have to check out NoBars. I don't use wifi too much but I may if I know there's an app that can with disabling an enabling. Thanks for the suggestions.