What's an app I may not have that's cool ?

ugafan2081

Reaction score
What's an all that I may not already have that is really useful and impresses friends or anything

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

piquat

Reaction score
How about Samba?

Puts your phone on your home network like any other computer. Creates a password protected share of your SDcard so you can transfer files wirelessly. You create a netbios name for the phone and it appears in the network manager in windows with that name just like any other computer.

Edit: Would love to see some more. I can browse all day long but the best ones always seem to be suggested by others. :)

Last edited:

Proxify

Reaction score
Teamviewer, lets you control your computer at your house while you're on the road. And it's free! Teamviewer.com

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thanks!

I stumbled across this thread and just wanted to say thanks!! I tried both Samaba and TeamViewer and love them both!! They will come in very handy!

piquat

Reaction score
Teamviewer, lets you control your computer at your house while you're on the road. And it's free! Teamviewer.com

Now THAT'S slick. I use Teamviewer on a few machines already, didn't know they had an Android app. I can see this coming in real handy. Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about Samba?

Puts your phone on your home network like any other computer. Creates a password protected share of your SDcard so you can transfer files wirelessly. You create a netbios name for the phone and it appears in the network manager in windows with that name just like any other computer.

Edit: Would love to see some more. I can browse all day long but the best ones always seem to be suggested by others. :)

Wifi Explorer Pro pretty much does the same thing. It creates an internet address for your phone so you can access the SD card via computer, no wires.

piquat

Reaction score
How about Samba?

Wifi Explorer Pro pretty much does the same thing. It creates an internet address for your phone so you can access the SD card via computer, no wires.

I like it, thanks.

The best ones are always the ones people suggest... :)

Maybe I just suck at searching for apps. LOL

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
Bump. You can share pictures and contacts with iphone and android users, and apps with android users just by bumping phones.

Sent from my 600mhz Droid 2

Madness

Reaction score
Maybe I just suck at searching for apps. LOL

i have a lot of problems searching too but this is my first phone my parents just got me luv it

Baconstrip

Reaction score
How about Samba?

Thanks! Samba actually is one I didnt have either and it sounds really useful. Appreciate it!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hide It Pro is a volume widget when tapped and changes to a password protected file storer when the icon is held.
My favorite "that's just cool " app is Sign. Tap the icon and draw a user set gesture on your home screen and it does what you defined it to do (dial the number or start a text to the contact ). Unlike others, your home screen never changes until the action starts after drawing the gesture and it's MUCH more accurate than the others.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Vlingo is a must-have app for everyone with the droid. Honestly, it should be a stock app straight out-of-the-box. Vlingo is a personal assistant that uses your voice to command your phone. The main feature that really makes this app standout is the inCar mode. It makes your phone completely hands-free! For example, when you receive a text message the app will read it back to you out loud, and then you can speak a reply back to the person who just sent you the text without ever having to pick up your phone while you're driving.

Another amazing app is the FlexT9 Keyboard. It's a four-in-one keyboard that features a Swype style of input, as well as input by voice. The voice to text engine is powered by dragon dictation. This thing is super accurate!

To give you an example of how accurate the FlexT9 keyboard really is, other than certain weird app names/features, this entire post was transcribed using this keyboard with dragon dictation. Whereas Vlingo is free, FlexT9 Keyboard costs a few bucks, but as you can see, it is very well worth it!

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Seek Droid

You can lock/wipe the phone remotely - no subscription - for $0.99.
And it doesn't have any AV - just a simple lock & wipe.