1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

what's all the hype about ?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by FlyFishinX2, Mar 17, 2011.

1. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

doesn't seem like anything special to me and seems like it will be outdated as soon as the newer 4g phones in the works come out in a month or two. I'm gonna wait and not burn my phone credit yet.
  2. rajuabju

rajuabju New Member

If thats the case, you should just wait until quadcore phones with 2gb ram come out
  3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

There are several Thunderbolt comparisons out there, it's whatever works for you. As for newer phones coming out, it happens all the time. If you're always going to hold out for another new phone, as soon as you get it, another one will be announced.
  4. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

can't argue with that. I'm just hoping top get a phone that will feel a little more cutting edge than the tbolt seems to be. I'm also hoping that with whatever phone I buy I don't feel the need to upgrade before my next credit becomes available
  5. funkyb

funkyb New Member

Agreed. Sure the Bionic w/ Dual Core will have some added appeal, but I've had my current phone for 3 years and am ready to upgrade now. If I wait for the Bionic, what's to say I shouldn't wait for the HTC Shooter or something quad...and who knows when we're loosing unlimited data offerings. For me, the bottom line is the HTC TB is a damn nice phone that has everything I need (and then some). I can't wait to get it.
  6. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

Good luck with that, I've yet to have that happen in the last 10 years.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Well, then wait. I'm not sure where you saw the Thunderbolt that makes it not cutting edge looking. Due diligence is the best advice I can give you. I had a Droid when it was first introduced in November 2009. It did me very well, and although new phones came out after it, there wasn't many features that really made me want to upgrade at all until the Thunderbolt. Now I'm eligible to upgrade so I'm getting it, and I don't think I'll be stuck with a relic when I'm eligible again in another 20 months.
  8. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

Outdated how? lol the whole point of this phone is that it is the first 4G phone...for verizon at least
  9. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

I know what you mean , I've got an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket right now and am not sure if I can hold out and not go with this thing or not . I'm planning on stopping at the VZW store later today to oogle the tbolt and may end up with an impulse buy even though I'm trying to resist the urge
  10. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

If you had read the 8 kazillion threads you would know that it's special becuz it's 4G has craploads of space has a front facing camera and is completely unlocked.

Regarding saving your upgrade, i hope you love your current phone because there will always be a "better, newer" one right around the corner.
  11. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

so what is it about the tbolt that makes you feel like upgrading all of a sudden ?
  12. Kack

Kack New Member

i bought it on a 1 year contract! the wife has an upgrade available in August so i think i may get the hottest thing then to.
  13. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

to be honest I hate my current phone and don't understand what it means to unlock a phhone ,,,,obviously I'm a smart phone newb
  14. rlfitz

rlfitz New Member

if you are gonna wait for the new model because its better, you will always be waiting because there will always be a better one on the horizon. thats what a one year contract is for.
  15. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

just looked on the VZW website and the TBOLT would be 149.99 for me on a 2 year plan , didn't find a price for 1 year
  16. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

if you go with a 1 year plan when does the phone credit become available ?
  17. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

The whole notion of waiting for the next one...is like waiting for the perfect woman when you have a perfectly good one in front of you. Better things will always come out, fortunately with phones you can change it again a year or two if you feel like it'll be outdated.

I had a D1, I HAVE a DX, just finished ordering my TB.

The reason I ordered it? I played with an inspire 4G and there was no way I could keep playing around with Motorola motorblur, Sense is just beautiful in every SENSE. Smooth. Great. I don't care about dual core, don't care about triple core, won't be using all those cors anyway. Bionic will be the first dual core phone so it's untested technology.

The snapdragon processor is well known for how well it works, they compared it to the iphone's ios and it beat it, this one is a SECOND generation snapdragon so it's improved.

A car that has 250 horsepower won't always be faster than a car that has 200 horsepower. It's all about engineering, and this phone was engineered to near perfection IMO (except that damn battery life)
  18. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Do you have 4G in your area?

I don't, so any newer phone is not going to take advantage of it.

If I tire of my D1, I may upgrade, but it isn't a burning urge for the aforementioned reasons. :)
  19. metzor

metzor New Member

+1

Also, comparing phones to women: we have officially over-geeked ourselves on this forum.

:)

What I say to the people who relentlessly tell me I should wait for the bionic is, the bionic may be faster with it's dual cores, that does not mean the TB won't be blazing fast (it will be). I'm a huge fan of Sense, and my friends Incredibles, so the TB is the natural choice for me.
  20. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 New Member

4g isn't in my area yet it's just this burning urge to ditch my crappy phone and burn my NE2 ...the more I talk about it the more I'm feeling I'll take the plunge today