What's all the buzz about?

Zig8

Reaction score
I want more options. Easy to change options. Sometimes I do NOT want my location divulged. When I am on vacation, I do not want to broadcast that We are not home. I do not want somebody figuring out when I am at work or home. Maybe Buzz can do this, but I never figured out how to toggle this on/off. I just need some central place to controll all the functions of Buzz. Untill then, I wont be Buzzing. I really would like Buzz, but I want it my way.

I think the buzz widget will let you have it so your location is not showing.

Hey,... cool, Your right. It didn't do that when I first downloaded Buzz App. Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Um...there's always been the opinion to "remove location."

As well, when you go to post something, and you press at the bottom where it says "my location," you can select "city level" which is pretty generic. If you don't specify a location in an area with less businesses, it will also give a range of addresses where you might be.

I've been using buzz literally since the first day. Used it on my phone before it showed up in the gmail on my computer.

No offense meant to you guys, but people like you who don't take the time to understand/figure out this service (I'll give you the fact that Google went about it in an unorthodox way) are the reason why there was that big uproar is people freaking out about their privacy. Even though things were never really that bad.

xfireguru

Reaction score
As well, when you go to post something, and you press at the bottom where it says "my location," you can select "city level" which is pretty generic.
You know, I've been using buzz since before it showed up in my gmail account as well, and I NEVER noticed that city-level option for location. I guess I just never scrolled to the bottom of the list. Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As well, when you go to post something, and you press at the bottom where it says "my location," you can select "city level" which is pretty generic.
You know, I've been using buzz since before it showed up in my gmail account as well, and I NEVER noticed that city-level option for location. I guess I just never scrolled to the bottom of the list. Thanks!

Not a problem! I didn't notice it RIGHT away, but that's because i was either posting my decade location or posting no location at all.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I always looked at it like this, I'll put my location, sure my home address there... come on over if you feel like bothering me... but this is Montana, 4 guns for every person, and I got 3 people in my home... do the math.. heh