What's all the buzz about?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it really belongs here, but wanted the skinny from real people on Google Buzz. What's the intent or the advantage to utilizing the tool?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its another form social networking. Twitter on wheels. I'm not a fan.

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I love Buzz. I look at other Buzzes all over the world using gmaps.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I love Buzz. I look at other Buzzes all over the world using gmaps.

I agree. I've made some god friends through buzz that i never would've met on fb or twitter.

The widget they just have us makes it a little better, but we definitely need a full app with notifications.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I opened up my GMail one day and I was a member of "Buzz". I didn't know anything about it until that morning. Then it told me that I had 8 people who were my Buzz friends. One that was chosen randomly to be a Buzz friend was a good friend of mine for many years who was tragically killed in a small plane crash about 3 months before. All I could think of was "thanks Google" and promptly deleted it.

Chilazr

Reaction score
I like Buzz. I can see what's going on around town. There was an air show last weekend at the Air Force base. Some people give shout outs to a good place to eat. I like it for that. It'd be dumb to try and make it into a social networking thing. I think it's best served just to let people post what's going on around town.

Varking

Reaction score
Its just another form of social networking. I like it and use it fairly often. Much more then I ever used my twitter.

xfireguru

Reaction score
I like it. I've been on a few road trips recently and it's been kind of neat to chat with people from other cities while I was visiting.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Buzz is sweet, I bs with people from my area daily with it... people I would not have met without it, and have gotten help from one who is a member here too... yeah boi, buzzzz

Zig8

Reaction score
I want more options

I want more options. Easy to change options. Sometimes I do NOT want my location divulged. When I am on vacation, I do not want to broadcast that We are not home. I do not want somebody figuring out when I am at work or home. Maybe Buzz can do this, but I never figured out how to toggle this on/off. I just need some central place to controll all the functions of Buzz. Untill then, I wont be Buzzing. I really would like Buzz, but I want it my way.

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
I want more options. Easy to change options. Sometimes I do NOT want my location divulged. When I am on vacation, I do not want to broadcast that We are not home. I do not want somebody figuring out when I am at work or home. Maybe Buzz can do this, but I never figured out how to toggle this on/off. I just need some central place to controll all the functions of Buzz. Untill then, I wont be Buzzing. I really would like Buzz, but I want it my way.

I think the buzz widget will let you have it so your location is not showing.

souljerr

Reaction score

Hey Zig - the app in the marketplave does allow you to post without listing location. I agree with you, I don't want to give up that info either.

xfireguru

Reaction score

I think the buzz widget will let you have it so your location is not showing.
You can set your posts to either public or private via the widget and the web app.

What I wouldn't mind is a way to post to a generic locale rather than a specific address. For example, I'd like to broadcast to east Orlando without giving out my home address.