What's a Good Battery Widget?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm on ICS with the .215 update. Not rooted. Don't want to root, although I don't know why. Anyway...

I'd like to get some app or widget that is compatible with my phone so I can see in more detail what my current battery life is. I'd like to see a percentage number or bigger bar graph or both. I did kind of like the GO system I had before ICS came out, with the exception of the layout when displaying all your apps. I think it cut off a couple or rows, if I remember correctly.

Suggestions? Please be on .215. I've seen reviews on the Google Play store with some popular battery widgets not compatible with the new update (but did not specify which update that is).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I use both GSams battery widget and Battery Monitor Widget Pro by 3c. They both have 1% increments that will display in your notification bar and both give lots of excellent information on battery use.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like gsam but lots of people like watchdog.. but its all personal choice.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use "Gauge Battery Widget" ... looks like a fuel gauge. And it shows in 1% increments as well. Been using it since my old Droid 2 :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I use Battery Monitor Widget by FSINIB ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsinib.batterymonitor).

60e35213-70b1-81c2.jpg
60e35213-70b9-9b18.jpg

60e35213-70c9-1258.jpg
60e35213-70d0-d546.jpg

60e35213-70da-bdc0.jpg
60e35213-70e0-94ef.jpg

60e35213-7159-0356.jpg
60e35213-7191-5090.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh, thanks alot Matty. Now I have to check that one out! FoxKat has got me being a battery widget junkie, lol! (not because he suggested I should but because I was constantly trying to get his success). I at one time had like 4 of them going at once. I have cut back though... down to two! lol!

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
"Battery Left" by Preinvent has been my favorite ever since my D1. And he used to have an account here on the forums and take interactive feedback on his tool, too.

jaybogg

Reaction score
There is a multitude in Play Store. I went for simplistic and downloaded "Tiny Battery". 1x1, It shows 1% increments, has a few toggles (WiFi, bluetooth, etc...) and battery info available when you tap it.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
FoxKat is such a show-off. We have use widgets that show 1% increments ... he needs one that shows what day his battery is on. :icon_rolleyes:

:rofl3:

kellygh5

Reaction score
O.k., I have to admit I was impressed with FoxKat's battery widget display :biggrin: My previous something was not nearly as detailed, & normally simple is best for me; however, I have been trying to figure out why my Maxx (.215) has been not so great with ICS. After 3 FDR since ICS, quirks are slowly improving. I downloaded the aformentioned FSINIB battery monitor to help me, and I am a little worried that it repeatedly gives me a high temp warning. Repeatedly means 5 warnings since I installed yesterday. Should I be worried? I have read posts where people record battery temps of 115-23, and they say there phone is fine. I don't know enough to recognize what is truly alarming. 114 has been my highest since yesterday, but there have been times where my phone felt hotter. My phone feeling hot was never an issue w/ GB. Thanks for any feedback!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Kelly, check to see if you have your phone is set to global data. That could make you use a lot more battery than you need to and make your battery warmer than what it should. Depending on how hot it is outside, 114 is a bit warm. Go to settings ---> More... (under data usage) ---> Nobile networks ----> Network mode. ICS defaults it to Global but you want it set to LTE/CDMA.

Other things that will make your battery get warm and also use more battery are if your wifi is on and there is not a wifi it can connect to or if you have 3g/4g data on and there is either very week 3g/4g or no 3g/4g.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Other things that will make your battery get warm and also use more battery are ... if you have 3g/4g data on and there is either very week 3g/4g or no 3g/4g.

Tip: for those who (like me) work in very large metal-framed buildings, your phone can burn a lot of battery trying to keep itself connected to the 3G/4G network from inside of there.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
"Battery Left" by Preinvent has been my favorite ever since my D1. And he used to have an account here on the forums and take interactive feedback on his tool, too.

I've always used Battery Left too, but I can't seem to get it working properly with .215 on the Maxx.