What you favorite rom for our beloved G-Nex?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by mattv111, Jan 11, 2012.

1. steelersfan

steelersfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aokp by roman is the best without a question. On milestone 3 now but there are newer nightlies out now.

AOKP or Die

2. mattv111

mattv111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed AOKP last night and I love the customization and the fluidity of the rom but I'm down to 46% battery after an hour and a half of light use. I area just got 4g today so maybe lte just sucks that much juice but I had much better battery life on gummy and stock. What's a good kernel that doesn't sacrifice performance?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    If your phone had good battery on Gummy try Lean Kernel, as that is what is used there.

4. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    trinity kernel + liquid = awesomeness

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

5. stevegun

stevegun New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dont like it? build your own!

Wow, no I'm assuming this is coming from somebody who is paid absolutely nothing into all the free work that he does.

and absolutely agre a great and absolutely a great product. It's easy for you to talk **** about something that he's done but what rom have you developed? And if you develop that rom how much would you charge people for the time that you put into it? You know what really helps developers workout bugs in their builds? Dedicated users who appreciate the hard work that has been put into something offered free of charge and DONATE ...did I get that right? DONATE .. obviously not a word your familiar with, because apparently he owes you something because you are not the Dev you thiught you were and cant figure your own mess out. Flashing someone elses hard work is easy as hell developing a takes a lot of hard work, a concept that your probably not familiar. Still though he did not charge you a cent for his work. Problem is, your ****in lazy and didn't take the time to educate yourself about the proper use of these advanced features and how they intertwine, but somehow thats his fault? I've used every nightly he's come out with with no problems on my GNex. Funny that you say "customer support" .....because you haven't paid anything! Now I can vouch for this because when I first rooted my galaxy nexus I completely bricked it I was searching high and low for a fix . Sent him a message and within ten minutes he contacted me and proceeded to talk on the phone and get me through a 2 hour process of fixing my bricked phone without asking for a penny. This is BEFORE I installed any of his work on the GNex...BEFORE...Even better he knew that it wasnt his build and never even asked if I had used any of his stuff. Yeah that's saying something about t character of this man. Learn your **** kid, or do it yourself

6. BDNYY23

BDNYY23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Take it easy there Sparky :p Looks like you are directing your anger at the wrong person, think his post about customer service was being sarcastic, hopefully you have calmed down by now.

I do agree with you that we owe these developers a lot, as they work hard on these ROMs, and am not sure whether they get anything in return (though for all I know they have something coded in that is stealing all my information as I speak :blink:) I can say that with the ROM I am currently using (DarkAOSP) the developers have been very responsive and fix most problems before I ever have them, and they don't release an update daily that I have to deal with constant updates.

7. mattv111

mattv111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I must say Axiom Crossbreed is the best rom i've used

8. harpua

harpua Member

Ratings:
    +2
    i liked the crossbreed also. as i've liked the aokp team kang, & gummy. paradigm, sourcery, revolution..all them..first month i was for gummynex. then i moved to codename and really like that rom..lately i've been Liquid.
    xx
    will have to try petes then. was a long time bugless beast flasher with the og. then got on pe a while. <3 my nexus sexus

9. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Liquid 1.25 and Sourcery 2.0 are my favorites. But, probably the best kept secret it TranquilIce by TBH. A new one just came out yesterday and I wil be flashing it soon to give it a whirl.

10. dvital

dvital New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Axi0m Crossbreed definitely, smooth and the battery life is excellent

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

11. hamburglar490

hamburglar490 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on crossbreed, but I've been using patient zero for a couple days and I like that way more.

12. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's Patient Zero? I have Liquid 1.25 on one Bootmanager slot, and Sourcery 2.0 on the other. I think, or at leat thought, I have tried them all. When Tranquility 8 goes final, I will probably have that on another slot and alternate between the three.