What would you pick?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pixel 3 XL. Hopefully Google goes all in this year. Oh and please leave out the notch.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And the "notch" is here to stay. Sorry. Everyone that ever said they didn't like a bezel or a chin has to live with the notch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Notch is here to stay.. Embrace the notch... You have to use one daily it won't bother you at all... Trust me...

Pixel 2 XL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nope no notch plus we have other options out there like the full screen phone. And with the fingerprint scanner on the back there is really no need for a notch. Plus I really want to see Google get out in front of the hardware business by being first to underglass fingerprint scanning.

The reality is I see Alphabet going the route of Apple and being conservative with hardware trends (though credit to Apple with being one of the first companies to adopt the notch, thought essential was first).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You can still have full screen phone ...and you can hide notch if you like as well ...why not have all the options ? Plenty people knocking the notch everywhere without ever using a phone with one is all I’m saying ...choices are good

iPhone X

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I asked my buddy, who planted the idea for this thread in my head, what he would pick. He said, Note 8. He loves his Pixel XL but misses the S Pen.

I asked my wife the question and she said the Moto Z3 Play. She doesn't want to give up her Moto Mods, and doesn't want to lose Driving Mode.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can still have full screen phone ...and you can hide notch if you like as well ...why not have all the options ? Plenty people knocking the notch everywhere without ever using a phone with one is all I’m saying ...choices are good

iPhone X

First I must say I miss these debates we use to have about smartphones. The downside to us literally having great phone after great phone is we seem to have less to debate about because almost every phone release is a good phone. No matter what phone you choose it is basically a winner (referring to flagships here). Even some of you mid tier phones are good.

But yeah I miss seeing pages go by of people debating back and forth about phones, specs, etc.

Now back to the notch debate. It is not that I am knocking the notch as I am knocking phones looking the same. Two phones I recognize for the notch design in the US, one is Essential the other is the iPhone X. Apple made the notch mainstream so as a result I am ok with them centering future phone releases around the notch design. The "Lebron James hair line (shoutout to Flossy Carter's videos) is now synonymous with the iPhone X. Companies chasing that design to me is not innovative it's just copying. There are more ways skin a....... tackle a problem. The problem being we want more screen with less of a footprint.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. Here's a thought. Put a small mirror on the back of the phone. Use that to take selfies. No more need for front camera.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk