What would you do?

tmal2

Reaction score
I currently have an original Droid that I've had since January. I paid full retail to get the phone at the time.

I was notified the other day that my new every 2 has come up and I have a $100 credit towards a new phone. I also received a grand reopening mailing with a $50 coupon towards any new smart phone that expires at the end of September. I went in to the store today to find out if the $50 coupon can be used with my new every 2 and was told I could.

Here's my dilemma. Right now I can get the Droid X, Droid 2, or the Droid Incredible for $50 after all rebates. My Droid is working fine but I have no insurance on it and if something happened to it I would never be able to get a replacement for $50 so I'm thinking I may get a new phone and just keep my original Droid as a back up in case anything happens to the new one.

Which phone would you get if you were in my shoes?

One other thing, another option I'm considering is doing nothing and waiting to to see if the Iphone does come to Verizon and use my new every 2 then. I like the Droid OS but also think the Iphone is pretty sweet.

Any thoughts? What would you do?

Thanks in advance for the input.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I say play with the DX and D2 and see which you like best.. bag the icrap..
the DROiD X is SICK!! but some people have issues with not having a hard keyboard..

imo.. if you can live without the slideout keyboard go with the X

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think you should wait for the iphone!! Then you will get it...hate it... return it...then come back here and make a new thread, "I can't believe I was a traitor and tried the iphone! Which android phone should i get before my 30 day return window is up?"

:rofl3:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I currently have an original Droid that I've had since January. I paid full retail to get the phone at the time.

I was notified the other day that my new every 2 has come up and I have a $100 credit towards a new phone. I also received a grand reopening mailing with a $50 coupon towards any new smart phone that expires at the end of September. I went in to the store today to find out if the $50 coupon can be used with my new every 2 and was told I could.

Here's my dilemma. Right now I can get the Droid X, Droid 2, or the Droid Incredible for $50 after all rebates. My Droid is working fine but I have no insurance on it and if something happened to it I would never be able to get a replacement for $50 so I'm thinking I may get a new phone and just keep my original Droid as a back up in case anything happens to the new one.

Which phone would you get if you were in my shoes?

One other thing, another option I'm considering is doing nothing and waiting to to see if the Iphone does come to Verizon and use my new every 2 then. I like the Droid OS but also think the Iphone is pretty sweet.

Any thoughts? What would you do?

Thanks in advance for the input.

I'm close to the same situation, if you want the large screen and don't care about the keyboard take the X if you want the keyboard, which I believe is improved go for the Droid 2. As far as your Droid one goes use it with your wifi to surf the net, come to the forums, that type of stuff. Or sell it and see what you can get for it. Or use it as a battery charger

My backup phone is a Blackberry Storm.:rofl3:

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you should wait for the iphone!! Then you will get it...hate it... return it...then come back here and make a new thread, "I can't believe I was a traitor and tried the iphone! Which android phone should i get before my 30 day return window is up?"

:icon_ laughup:
HAHAHAHA thats good man..

however save the trouble and skip the iphone part

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
I say play with the DX and D2 and see which you like best.. bag the icrap..
the DROiD X is SICK!! but some people have issues with not having a hard keyboard..

imo.. if you can live without the slideout keyboard go with the X

I did play with the X today and liked it. I just wonder if it's too big. I mean that bad boy was HUGE but it did fit in my pocket comfortably. I really thing the Droid2 would be my last choice because i don't care about the slide out keyboard and it's too similar to what I have now.
I really have not heard much good or bad about the Incredible

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score

Now that's damn funny. :rofl3::rofl3:

cromo8

Reaction score
:shocked: I'm not a MaN!!!

seriously be respectful lol

on topic

keep droid as a back up, im guessing youre referring that you have to change your insurance to the one thats $89 to replace

id get the x since ur interested in iphone with no keyboard

nice phone large screen super fast and stable

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
keep droid as a back up, im guessing youre referring that you have to change your insurance to the one thats $89 to replace

id get the x since ur interested in iphone with no keyboard

nice phone large screen super fast and stable

I have no insurance on my current original Droid. My thinking was that for just $50(plus a new 2 year contract of course) I would be crazy not to get a new phone and keep my current one as a backup.

I like the X but I am concerned about it's size. Maybe I'll go back to the store and play with it some more.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its a hard choice. Even tho the Inc gets hated on by some ppl, (I hate on it at times too...lol) it has its place in the smart phone market for now....

If u want a slide out keyboard, the choice is obvious. If u dont....its hard to say really. I got the X, I really like it. But some ppl may be put off by the size. For ppl that dont like the size of the X and dont want a slide out keyboard, the Inc fits the bill.

Then the Samsung phone comes out in a few months, and I honestly think it will cause the Inc and X sales headaches since IMO 4" is the sweet spot between the size of the Inc and the X......happy times for ppl looking for a new smartphone...lol