What would you do?

t35rk

Reaction score
I would not pay retail for ANY high end Android phone I have seen so far. If I could not get them on contract I would end up buying a cheaper phone.

Words of wisdom. used phones are cheap and new ones lose value fast .

A Nexus is roughly a $450 asset. I would sell it and buy a $200 Tbolt over trading the Nexus straight up for a used Rezound. It comes out to about a $250 difference.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I would never own a Thunderbolt even of it was being sold for $0.50. What terrible piece of **** that thing is. My gf has nothing but problems with hers.

Again, monetary value isn't an issue to me. Its like trading a Mercedes for a jaguar in my book. The actual worth of the phone is meaningless. In reality, aside from being a nexus, it has nothing which sets it apart from the rezound. Both phones are even spec'ed.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Well I went through with it. I have to say I am not too disappointed. Rooting is 100x more difficult than on the nexus but the phone itself has been great thus far.

The rezound lag is a bit offputting but ill take some laggy menus over terrible reception. I get 3-4 bars of 4g in places the gnex only got 2 bars of 3g. Its like night and day. Definitely a hardware issue for the nexus, which is unfortunate.

As for people complaining about how "cheap" the nexus feels.. it felt more solid than this phone IMO. Things like that don't bother me however. Its a cellphone not a military radio.

Only thing I miss is the smoothness of the nexus, its screen size, and modern combat 3. As far as quality of screens goes.. the rezound really does blow away the nexus. After staring at a nexus screen every day for three months, the difference is definitely noticeable.

Oh and the camera.. wow. No words there. The difference is stark. The camera on the nexus is horrid no matter how much koolaid you sip.

All in all.. so long dear nexus.. it was a bittersweet end. You will be missed.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree I didnt think the G Nex felt cheap. I also think all the rubber on the back of the Rezound makes it feel cheaper...lol. Like its too much of it or something. Odd considering my Droid X1 has a rubberized back and doesnt feel the same way. I think its honestly a wash in the screen dept. I agree the camera on the Rezound is very, very nice. Never spent much time taking pics on my G Nex so I have no real opinions on it.

About reception...

Its so close to being a wash n that dept between the 2, if you have a Rezound that gets stuck in 1x in weak reception areas. I have to reboot my Rezound to fix it. Constantly. My G Nex never did get stuck in 1x, it just didnt have as good as reception as the Rezound. When not stuck in 1x it has very nice data reception. Phone reception between the 2 is a wash IMO...which is nothing to brag about...lol.

Some of these phones....when going in n out of good n bad reception areas...issues can come up. Some are more annoying than others. So put your Rezound thru the paces for everything you will do on your phone and see how it compares to the G Nex you had. Maybe I needed exchanges or new sim cards...dont know. All I will say is whatever 4G phone one has...if it has no major, showstopper issues...consider yourself lucky.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I agree I didnt think the G Nex felt cheap. I also think all the rubber on the back of the Rezound makes it feel cheaper...lol.
I played with a Nexus at Radio Shack again today...yeah it does feel cheap to me. I think the rubberized back on the rezound actually feels better. I feel like I can grip it better.

The Galaxy Nexus does "feel" cheap to me, but I honestly dont think the actual build quality is worse than any of the other phones. I think people dwell too much on that stuff. "Cheap feel" is the price you pay for a lighter phone. The last phone I used that didnt feel cheap to me was the Droid 1, and it was all metal and glass.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I played with a Nexus at Radio Shack again today...yeah it does feel cheap to me. I think the rubberized back on the rezound actually feels better. I feel like I can grip it better.

The Galaxy Nexus does "feel" cheap to me, but I honestly dont think the actual build quality is worse than any of the other phones. I think people dwell too much on that stuff. "Cheap feel" is the price you pay for a lighter phone. The last phone I used that didnt feel cheap to me was the Droid 1, and it was all metal and glass.

I'm pretty sure you could whip the D1 at a wall and the only thing that would haplenis the battery cover might fall off. There are moments where I really miss my D1. I remember when that thing was the absolute ****. Now it seems so antiquated. Its amazing what phones have surpassed in the past 2 years.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you could whip the D1 at a wall and the only thing that would haplenis the battery cover might fall off. There are moments where I really miss my D1. I remember when that thing was the absolute ****. Now it seems so antiquated. Its amazing what phones have surpassed in the past 2 years.
The thing I loved about it was the glass screen. At the time a lot of phones (most phones) had plastic screens and I hated that. They scratch up so easily and look kinda crappy. The Droid X especially looked like it had a haze over the screen or something. Glass is pretty impervious to scratches unless you use sand or something. I remember playing with the incredible and Droid X my friends had...plastic screens just dont feel the same.

It is gratifying to see that pretty much all phones use glass screens now.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
The thing I loved about it was the glass screen. At the time a lot of phones (most phones) had plastic screens and I hated that. They scratch up so easily and look kinda crappy. The Droid X especially looked like it had a haze over the screen or something. Glass is pretty impervious to scratches unless you use sand or something. I remember playing with the incredible and Droid X my friends had...plastic screens just dont feel the same.

It is gratifying to see that pretty much all phones use glass screens now.

One thing I don't get with this phone though is the lag. Its just really unnecessary considering it has a 1.5ghz dual core processor. Its really starting to bother me.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
One thing I don't get with this phone though is the lag. Its just really unnecessary considering it has a 1.5ghz dual core processor. Its really starting to bother me.
I am not seeing lag on mine. It actually seems pretty snappy.

Maybe I just havnt had enough experience with the new phones and all I have to compare it to is the Droid 1. But for me everything loads immediately, and my Launcher is very smooth. Even stock Sense seems smooth to me.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's probably a ram issue, not a processor issue. There are articles about how some phones process data, and it's inefficient to say the least.