What would cause my Droid to look like this??

OP
T

tokio321

Reaction score
why? It's not broke. I realize it sucks but the device is fully functional. I dont think even insurance will give you a replacement for such a trivial issue.

The device isn't..My first post shows pictures of the D2 screen with 3/4 of it blanked out, I can't see anything..the screen is out and verizon won't replace it for free due to a slight scratch on the side.

guidot - Yeah it's brand new. I hope so!

jnmigr

Reaction score
You must be a calm person, if I was on your shoe I would had go crazy on the Verizon guy, or at least request a manager.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
T

tokio321

Reaction score
You must be a calm person, if I was on your shoe I would had go crazy on the Verizon guy, or at least request a manager.

Sent from my DROIDX

lol well I think I was more stunned than anything else at the time, but I was definitely mad about it after the fact! When I go to the other store I'm going to be much more forceful. The guy really seemed like he didn't know what he was doing anyway, didn't spend too long trying to figure it out...he said he downloaded some sort of application on my phone and it should have fixed the screen but it didn't so that meant it was completely messed up and I needed a new one!? Anyone know what kind of application that was?

jnmigr

Reaction score
Wow that is crazy am app to fix screen problem. I bet u he downloaded task killer, some how Verizon employee still insist and recomend to get it. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
T

tokio321

Reaction score
lol yeah..well hopefully I just had a bad experience and it won't happen next time. :icon_rolleyes:

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
My D2 had a dent on the corner which didn't effect it at all and
a month later I had to mail it back because the screen died. They
replaced it no problem.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Khiraji thank you! that's a big relief to hear, I was starting to worry that I was going to get that no matter where I went. I plan on going to the verizon store at home after finals (much better store) so hopefully they'll actually be cooperative with me. Luckily 3/4 of my phone I can still see so I can kinda use it alright lol..my only worry now is that since they've stopped selling the R2D2s I won't be able to get another one :(

Yeah, whatever VZW employee told you that you'd need to pay anything for a replacement so soon due to a hardware issue like that is dumb. Odds are they won't send you a brand-new device - it'll be a CLNR (certified like-new replacement), but even so it will be fully functional.
Although, since they're not selling normal D2s or R2D2s anymore, they might send you a CLNR (or even brand-new) D2G. I don't really know what the thinking is over there at VZW/Moto... maybe they're just really trying to push the D2G and so aren't selling any more D2/R2D2s? Corporate thinking (or lack thereof) often eludes me... :motdroidvert:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The flex cable is either damaged or defective. You can call for a warranty replacement, and save the headache of dealing with the store.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums