What was the Last film/movie/documentary you watched?

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
What was the Last film/movie/documentary you watched? Please share your rating 1/10 and your review/opinion.

I will start it off!

FF7 10/10 GOAT! Must see in Imax. Jason Statham makes a bad @ss villain! Going to see second time for sure!

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pitch Perfect 2..... Went mainly because when I went to the Mika concert, he told us they were using his song "Lollipop" in it....
Rating would be 6/10....talented musicians, predictable plot.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Tomorrowland. 9/10. I didn't know exactly what to expect because I've been behind on watching trailers/etc for quite a while. They played nothing but Pixar previews before the show, so I was afraid it was going to be a kiddie movie, but it was actually really good. Definitely have to suspend reality and disbelief for some parts of it to work for you, but I liked it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Jupiter Rising
This was literally THE worst movie I've seen in years! The graphics & CGI were pretty good and that was the ONLY thing that kept us from abandoning it mid way through. Don't waste your time or money, unless you go to Redbox and pick up the regular dvd for a $1.25. Even then, you really need to have absolutely nothing to watch in order to even think about giving this one the time of day. (Yeah, it's THAT bad!)
minus 3 out of 5 stars.
As for tv series. Tomorrow People is a great series we found on Netflix. Continuum is even better. (One of our favorites ATM)

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't think Jupiter Rising was that bad. Of course, I used a free movie coupon from Google Play to rent it and I had been working in the yard all day, so I had trouble staying awake and only caught enough of the last half to understand what was going on and how it ended...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, we thought the action & special effects were great.....it was the weak storyline that got me. We were hesitant to watch due to all the terrible reviews, but we try not to let reviewers dictate what we watch, since we all have different tastes. But yeah....just couldn't get past the storyline and terrible acting with the villains role. Then the winged dinosaur men, elephant face guy, etc etc.....ummm....yeah...no. LOL

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't mind the dinosaur men or elephant face, but we were watching it after my stepson went to bed, so we had to turn it down a bit with all of the loud action scenes. The Whisper villain pissed me off to no end. The only lines he had that I can remember were the few times he shouted and I could actually hear him. I get the concept of dynamics, but I really don't like it when they whisper all the time in a movie that's otherwise pretty loud, especially when I can't crank the whole thing up on the sound system.

As for the storyline, like I said, I kept nodding off, so I missed the more detailed points. Probably for the better from the sounds of it. It also keeps blending in my head with Tomorrowland since I remember more of that one and we watched them one day and the next. Haha

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL! Definitely, the whisper villan pissed me off too. Fortunately my receiver has a number of features that control the dynamic range (Which was crazy out of wack in this movie) The action scenes would shake the whole house, but then you could barely hear the dialogue. After making the necessary adjustments, we were able to hear his "whispers" without the windows rattling during the action scenes. (Which were pretty good I should add)

S5 tap'n

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Kingsman 7/10. Good ol' British Spy fun. Great scenes. My only real problem with the movie is they cut a few scenes short I would've liked to see expanded.

Last movie I saw in theatres: Age of Ultron 5/10. As a movie goer I felt like this movie had problems grabbing my attention by throwing random action scenes in my face to fill the movie instead of driving a really good story. As a comic lover, I felt this movie was just a giant middle finger to Ultron and his movie was basically used as a giant trailer to Infinity Wars which I hear is getting TWO movies.

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Max Fury Road 9/10

Watched it in 3D ETX, if you are looking for a story line look elsewhere. If you want nonstop vehicular and combat action from beginning to end this is the movie for you. It was a crazy awesome fun time. Tom Hardy did a great job as Mad Max.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Robot Overlords. 2/10

What an amazing waste of talent. Ben Kingsley and Gillian Anderson star, sort of, in this travesty of technology. Humanity was invaded by robotic aliens who defeated us soundly. All surviving humanity is forced to live inside because if they step outside the robot keepers will incinerate them. Other than the collaborators, of course. All humanity is forced to wear an electronic implant that notifies their alien overlords that they have left the building. However, these intergalactic travellers haven't figured out that a 12 volt car battery can stop the implant for the arbitrary number of 13 hours. Hilarity ensues. If you think this is a bad promise, I promise you that the execution was even worse. Also, for some reason, it's set in Ireland. Or England. They mention Stonehenge, but they seem to be talking about being in Ireland. The cast is from the United Kingdom. The movie was so bad I wasn't paying that much attention for the most part. But, I will say this, despite being horrible in almost every single way, it was still better than the Sponge Bob Sponge Out of Water movie.