What Verizon did for me droix x GB problem

wyld

Reaction score
There will be a return fedex tag in the box the new one come in. put the old one back in the box where the new was. take it to a fedex drop off like fedex office and request a receipt for your records that you did send it out. vzw is now within 5 days not 10 days

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
I actually had the warranty out my droid x last week. If you have a fedex office in your area they will actually help you and show you how to pack it tag it in and tape it

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had no major issues with the .595 leak. Seems like all the issues are due to the OTA. Watch your next bill. They will charge you for another DROIDX and they are supposed to take it off when they get your old one. Problem was, they didnt want to credit me back the $500+ when they received my old phone. They also tried to stick me with a mail in rebate. After a few hours on the phone, they still scammed me out of $20

sent from my ZombieStomped X

wyld

Reaction score
Seems like most issues are with the o t a . When I warranty out my droid x it came preinstalled with gingerbread and I have no issues with it a few annoying changes but I can get used to it

barski

Reaction score
Since the update on June 1 GB I have experienced problems with both navigator aps on my phone VZW and the stock navigator. The first time I called today we clean out phone reset it nothing worked. The vz navigator does not work on my phone since update. My phone is stock since I dont know how to do anything to it. The customer rep said she will do a trouble ticket and someone will call 24 to 48 hours.

My wife being a female got pissed called verizon they are sending me another droid x. The rep told me though not to update GB because the navigation problem is a known issue. Plus wifi does not work it turns off and on. I am mad very mad but what can i do. I want GB but if it will not let me use navigation that I relie on for my job it has no point for me. This sucks but oh well. Maybe in the future another update will happen but I guess I will wait until reviews come out before I attempt any GB on droid X. Just thought I would let you all know who are having some of the problems I have.

I just received a CLNR Droid X last week and it came with gingerbread already installed and i had problems, but they may have been more hardware related. Either way verizon will take care of you and make sure your satisfied.

Last edited:

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
Won't rooting your phone would have saved all this trouble? I mean if your
Phone didn't like gb you could have simply sbf back to froyo ....

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had issues with the Froyo OTA. When I got my replacement X that had Froyo preinstalled, I didn't really have the issues I had before

sent from my ZombieStomped X

wyld

Reaction score
Google maps and navigation way better then vz navigator! Google maps give alot better options more views

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score
I'm going to call vzn tomorrow and try to get this resolved. How does it work when they send you a new phone? Do I mail this one in? What?

They mail a phone and you send back the messed up one back in the mail postage already paid