What twitter app is everyone using?

Snow02

Reaction score
I like tweetcasters app, but can't stand the widget. It's too cluttered. I love the standard app widget's simplicity.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
PLUME for me.
:D

Yep back to plume for me too lol I tried them all and honestly none really fitted for me. Tweetdeck seemed too simple and tweetcaster was too... Kiddish lol thanks for the replies though

AWESOMEbolt

graves47

Reaction score
I use swift, it works great if you are only interested in reading tweets, tweeting, or replying

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm still using stock. I was looking for another version (maybe one that also updated my Facebook, which I never do) and found this discussion. So I reloaded TweetCaster Pro that I got free when Amazon had it as their free app of the day. But Tweetcaster has an option for them to "post tweets on your behalf". Um, no thank you. I rarely post tweets on my own behalf.
Plus it goes to the logo screen first then my tweets and it takes forever (could be my old Droid 1, but still I don't need to see their logo first, I know what I'm using, I just want to see my tweets). Stock just goes straight to my tweets.
Now I'm going to delete tweetcaster.

I've tried Tweetdroyd and tweetdeck. Neither were my favorite.

Other ideas for twitter?

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
I'm still using stock. I was looking for another version (maybe one that also updated my Facebook, which I never do) and found this discussion. So I reloaded TweetCaster Pro that I got free when Amazon had it as their free app of the day. But Tweetcaster has an option for them to "post tweets on your behalf". Um, no thank you. I rarely post tweets on my own behalf.
Plus it goes to the logo screen first then my tweets and it takes forever (could be my old Droid 1, but still I don't need to see their logo first, I know what I'm using, I just want to see my tweets). Stock just goes straight to my tweets.
Now I'm going to delete tweetcaster.

I've tried Tweetdroyd and tweetdeck. Neither were my favorite.

Other ideas for twitter?

I've stuck to plume for the longest time now and honestly its my favorite. Part of the reason is b/c I actually paid for the ad free version, but also it has the best layout for me.

Give it a try with the free version first

AWESOMEbolt

mattv111

Reaction score
Twidroyd is the best imo. I've tried a lot of them. Twicca is pretty good too

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Just a note on Plume

I got a message saying:

You are now running Plume from the SdCard, pleas note that the widget are disabled by Android in this case, and that you will need to launch Plume after a reboot to start the notifications service. If you want these features back, you need to move Plume back to the device memory.
I put as much as I can on the card as my D1 is pretty full of other apps that can't be moved. But since I"ll probably check twitter anyway with this after a reboot, no problem. I don't use very many widgets and haven't liked any twitter ones since I don't constanty watch my phone.

So far not too bad. PLayed with a few settings and I'm going to try this out.

eperrine

Reaction score
Hated Tweetcaster. Really yucky and unfriendly interface, had it for a day, couldn't stand it. I'm with Plume now, haven't found any other twitter app better then this one. Plume has a very nice interface, and it runs quickly and smoothly.

chuckh1958

Reaction score
Is twidroyd still working for you? When I try to use it, it says it's been blocked by Twitter. I tried upgrading to the latest version from the market but that crashes every time I try to start it. I'd love to find a Twitter app that integrates correctly with my samsung continuum's ticker but so far I've not found one. The ticker always tries to use Twidroyd, which always crashes.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums

comk4ver

Reaction score
I prefer seesmic. You can have more than one twitter account on out plus it triples as a facebook and google buzz ago as well. And on the twitter part out keeps the spot where you left off on your timeline which is great for me!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Is twidroyd still working for you? When I try to use it, it says it's been blocked by Twitter. I tried upgrading to the latest version from the market but that crashes every time I try to start it. I'd love to find a Twitter app that integrates correctly with my samsung continuum's ticker but so far I've not found one. The ticker always tries to use Twidroyd, which always crashes.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums

Isn twidroyd the app that twitter bought? I'm not sure tho, but if it is then that would make sense it not working.

I read somewhere that twitter wanted devs to stop working on new twitter Apps

AWESOMEbolt

sandfreak

Reaction score
I use plume primarily, when it's working correctly. If i'm having bugs with plume i'll use tweetdeck.

I like plume over tweetdeck though because i can view trends with plume and i cant stand the tweetdeck widgets.