What to do?

Reaction score
I got my Droid X the first of September and yesterday it started locking and freezing up constantly. I hadn't installed or changed anything for a couple of weeks. So I called Verizon. The tech told me to pull that battery out, put it back in and the restart the phone which of course I had done 100 times already. Well when that didn't work he said he would overnight me a CLN replacement phone. Last night I figured I had nothing to loose so I did a factory reset and it solved my problem and the phone has worked fine ever since. I received the CLN replacement phone today and my question whether I should keep my original phone or keep the CLN phone? The reason I ask is becuase I have read on the forum here where people have had all kinds of problems with their CLN replacement phones. Oh what do to?

Joelcableguy

Reaction score
I got my Droid X the first of September and yesterday it started locking and freezing up constantly. I hadn't installed or changed anything for a couple of weeks. So I called Verizon. The tech told me to pull that battery out, put it back in and the restart the phone which of course I had done 100 times already. Well when that didn't work he said he would overnight me a CLN replacement phone. Last night I figured I had nothing to loose so I did a factory reset and it solved my problem and the phone has worked fine ever since. I received the CLN replacement phone today and my question whether I should keep my original phone or keep the CLN phone? The reason I ask is becuase I have read on the forum here where people have had all kinds of problems with their CLN replacement phones. Oh what do to?

Wow, I noticed mines starting to freeze the last couple of days and wondered about it, am running froyo 2.2 stock, but rooted. Same thing here, hadn't installed or anything, but freezes like every min or so, very annoying.

Joelcableguy

Reaction score
Personally I would keep the original, this way you know it was new and if the problems solved after restoring you should be fine.

Would like to know if it starts again after getting apps reinstalled.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup. keep original.

lol i coulda told u that a factory reset woulda fixed ur problems :)

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. I have the original X all setup backup the way it was with all of the same apps installed and it has been working fine since Thursday night. I did sit on the CLN X but will be shipping it back to Verizon and keep my original one.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
prolly just the system being bogged down. a factory reset clears up of all user data so its worth a try if ur experiencing the same thing.

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
I never did find out what was causing it. I sent the CLN phone back to Verizon today and keep my original one.