What to do????

BDPgolfer

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I am new to the forum and was wondering what some of you think on what I should do.

I am eligible for and upgrade and wanting a DroidX. I visited the retailer where I normally have purchased my cell phones in the past, and they put me on the waiting list and I was told that they have no idea when they will receive anymore shipments of this phone.

So my question is, would I be better off ordering directly from verizonwireless.com or should I just wait for my retailer. I see as of today the website shows a ship date of the 21st of this month. Are people ordering off the net getting them sooner. I would like one in the near future.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I am new to the forum and was wondering what some of you think on what I should do.

I am eligible for and upgrade and wanting a DroidX. I visited the retailer where I normally have purchased my cell phones in the past, and they put me on the waiting list and I was told that they have no idea when they will receive anymore shipments of this phone.

So my question is, would I be better off ordering directly from verizonwireless.com or should I just wait for my retailer. I see as of today the website shows a ship date of the 21st of this month. Are people ordering off the net getting them sooner. I would like one in the near future.

Don't know who your vendor is. Is it a Verizon Store or someone else. If it's somebody other then Best Buy or Amazon I'd order directly from Verizon.

cygnusloop

Reaction score
Order online for sure. The first DX I ordered claimed 17 days out. It only took 10. The second DX I ordered (for my wife) claimed 14 days out. It took only 5. Plus, any rebates are instant, not mail in.

Last edited:
OP
B

BDPgolfer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. I kinda knew the answer when I asked it but wanted some confirmation. The retailer is one I have dealt with before and they had great customer service but would really like this phone a little faster than what they are telling me.

My other question, is how do I transfer all my phone #'s from my current phone to my new one without having to do it manually? The place's I have purchase my phones in the past have done this but would likely not do it now since I wouldnt be purchasing the phone from them.

cygnusloop

Reaction score
Is "backup assistant" installed on your current phone? If not get it (it's available for most, if not all flip type phones on Verizon). Once they're backed up using that, your new droid X will suck 'em back down out of the cloud.

piggylubber

Reaction score
I suggest checking your local Wal-marts. Apparently, they often have them because no one thinks to check there...

OP
B

BDPgolfer

Reaction score
Is "backup assistant" installed on your current phone? If not get it (it's available for most, if not all flip type phones on Verizon). Once they're backed up using that, your new droid X will suck 'em back down out of the cloud.

I will check it out. Thanks

OP
B

BDPgolfer

Reaction score
I suggest checking your local Wal-marts. Apparently, they often have them because no one thinks to check there...

I checked the 2 local ones and they were out as well as Sam's but no luck. I just ordered it online so hopefully I will get it sooner than later.

mudads

Reaction score
I got lucky at my local walmart yesterday. I called and they had 2 X's in stock. I promptly went there and bought one of them!

OP
B

BDPgolfer

Reaction score
Well I knew this was going to happen. I went ahead and ordered online through Verizon yesterday since my retailer couldnt tell me when they were going to get a shipment of phones. Well not 5 minutes ago I received a call from my retailer saying they had a phone on reserve for me and I could come and pick it up at anytime.

That is just my luck. Although ordering online I didnt have to pay the extra $100 and then wait for the gift card. Oh well.