What to do

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Been through 2 standard batteries and a extended battery. My rezound just won't charge. House or car charger doesn't matter.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Does it look like it's charging, meaning when you plug it in does the battery symbol get the little lightning bolt that appears to be charging?

Can you connect to your computer via USB and see the phone?

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Yup. Goes through all the motions of charging. The battery changes to the electric symbol and flashes. The computer recognizes the phone as well.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm, odd, sure sounds like an odd one... Will it charge if you turn actually turn it off? I don't mean just power button off, I mean pull the battery and reinsert to power off, then plug it in, will it charge then with it turned off?

Are you stock or on a custom ROM? Factory defaulted? Tried your buddies charger and cable?

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty confused myself. The phone will charge when it's turned off. For instance I'll plug it in at night with it say %15 left till the battery is dead, go to bed, wake up and the phone will be off and when I turn it on it will be fully charged. All of that meaning that it died while on charger and then charged while it was off. Plus after noticing that, I tried charging it with the phone off and it charged.

Same with car chargers.

I'm stock rooted. All I needed and wanted from root was WiFi tether.

I've tried every charger possible, lol.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty confused myself. The phone will charge when it's turned off. For instance I'll plug it in at night with it say %15 left till the battery is dead, go to bed, wake up and the phone will be off and when I turn it on it will be fully charged. All of that meaning that it died while on charger and then charged while it was off. Plus after noticing that, I tried charging it with the phone off and it charged.

Same with car chargers.

I'm stock rooted. All I needed and wanted from root was WiFi tether.

I've tried every charger possible, lol.

Are you possibly discharging the battery faster than it can charge? I mean it's a stretch but a possibility.

OP
SHAK3R

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Hey what's up Mr Smith, Valid question, but no. Like I said I'll plug it in prior to bed with nothing running and the same thing happens.

I will get that notice while using google maps, but the kicker is, I never had that problem.

N4UPD

Reaction score
There is a couple of other options for you.You could get an external spare battery charger or you could get the charging back to use on the charger you just lay the phone on to charge it.