What to do with Droid X on it's first boot?

omnicious

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my Droid X. Anyone wanna list what I should do first and foremost to maximize presence? OTA, drain the battery, root, etc. Is it really true you should charge all the way before using the phone? And also what are some things I should check off right off the bat to make sure I don't have to return it. Stuck pixels, camera problems, wifi, etc.

woosung

Reaction score
good questions! I am getting my droid x soon and i would like to know as well!

OP
O

omnicious

Reaction score
I was kinda hoping to hold off on root till Froyo...

woosung

Reaction score
Agreed! I'm not sure if the Droid X can be rooted yet.

OP
O

omnicious

Reaction score
Should I charge all the way and then discharge and then charge all the way again before actually using it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
O

omnicious

Reaction score
Well I wanted to hold off on root until Froyo just to be safe.

Auditor_Kevin

Reaction score
Should I charge all the way and then discharge and then charge all the way again before actually using it?

I'm not getting nearly as much battery life as others are reporting here, and I just let my phone trickle charge while I played with it when I first turned it on. So I told Verizon and they're sending me a new battery.

I intend on doing what you describe above this time. No shenanigans. Charge it all the way, drain it all the way, charge it all the way........then I'll get back to my regulary scheduled messing around with it.

tmoney2007

Reaction score
Play with it all you want, just charge it all the way, then drain it all the way down before you trust the battery indicator.

zook_b

Reaction score
The first thing I did was get a different launcher. ADW FTW.

I don't need a contacts button because when you go to the dialer it has the contacts. Dumb design IMO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Elkay

Reaction score
After finally checking out LauncherPro, I will agree. Rather than having to do all your screens twice, if you want to use a launcher besides the stock one then just get that out of the way.