What to do with bricked X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulaney22

Reaction score
Changing up my status bar and an errant stroke has left me with a constant motorola logo. Well, what to do now? If I take it in to verizon, will they just flash back the original software? I've got insurance as well. Don't know what to do. Thoughts?

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Changing up my status bar and an errant stroke has left me with a constant motorola logo. Well, what to do now? If I take it in to verizon, will they just flash back the original software? I've got insurance as well. Don't know what to do. Thoughts?

call your phone in as lost and get another one

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
call your phone in as lost and get another one
Why should he do that? He didn't lose his phone.

Or are you advocating fraud? If so, you're a scumbag.

fact of the matter if he installed or tried to install a rom or anything not intended for the x he voids his warranty and will not receive a new phone and if he takes his phone to verizon they will know what he did if he calls it in lost he gets a replacement phone and does not lose his warranty if you're worried bout fraud maybe give him $600 to replace it

Interpol

Reaction score
fact of the matter if he installed or tried to install a rom or anything not intended for the x he voids his warranty and will not receive a new phone and if he takes his phone to verizon they will know what he did if he calls it in lost he gets a replacement phone and does not lose his warranty if you're worried bout fraud maybe give him $600 to replace it
What the hell kind of dumb reasoning is this?

Why should the guy get a free replacement phone when chances are he willfully voided his own warranty and ended up bricking his phone? Warranties cover defects, not abuse. And why should I or anyone else have to pay for his stupidity? If he needs a new replacement phone, what's wrong with just shelling out the money and buying a new one? It's the right thing to do.

O youve never broken a law? Kudos to you then
I'm not saying I haven't broken a law before. I just haven't willfully broken any laws for my own personal and selfish gain. It's amazing that there are such amoral people like you around.

Last edited:

nerdkill

Reaction score
i'd rather be a scumbag than a d-bag.
Wow, such a witty response. I'd rather be neither, actually. Oh wait, I am.

how long did you think about adding in "wow, such a witty response" that you just had to edit your post. you're giving me douche chills with your girl giggles.

the guy has full coverage on his phone. if it covers you throwing at a wall and jumping in a pool there's no reason he shouldn't file a claim. they're so easy going there that he could most likely tell them what happened and they'd still push it through. we pay 8 bucks a month and a 90 dollar deductible. asurion is doing just fine.

Interpol

Reaction score
the guy has full coverage on his phone. if it covers you throwing at a wall and jumping in a pool there's no reason he shouldn't file a claim. they're so easy going there that he could most likely tell them what happened and they'd still push it through. we pay 8 bucks a month and a 90 dollar deductible. asurion is doing just fine.
If he has full coverage on his phone, they why doesn't he just tell the truth?

I really love the typical responses that come from greedy, selfish idiots like yourself. You think that just because a company is "doing fine" it's OK to rip them off. I'm willing to bet you're the type of person who would have no problem committing insurance fraud if it was a car, a house, or some other valuable property. Douchebag? Obviously it takes one to know one.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
regardless, i'm pretty sure the mods don't like any sort of talk referencing any sort of fraud ideas :icon_eek:

OP
D

dulaney22

Reaction score
No need for all this. I'm just gonna take it in tomorrow and see if they can re-install the software on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.