What to do with 6 phones??

OP
S

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
Ha one droid, one eris, and the Ally are mine free and clear, paid etc.
Just the other 3 maybe I might get billed for....then why the hell did they tell me YESTERDAY when i was in there getting my wife's ally that they showed nothing?

See im curious, I have a long history of this. For example, 5 YEARS ago I had cable modem service in the town I used to live in, well, they never EVER to this day deactivated the modem, EVER, but they did remove it from the bill and placed it (I used to work in the industry) on test/tech status...and yes, it still works anywhere within that company's system. I have it to this day (heh why not?) but never use it lately unless I travel as I live in a different system now. Things like that make me think I scored again, but maybe my luck is just running out? A 3k bill would suck and proably cause my wife to put a hatchet in my eye.

Meh, incompetence?

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just the other 3 maybe I might get billed for....then why the hell did they tell me YESTERDAY when i was in there getting my wife's ally that they showed nothing?

Meh, incompetence?
Don't always trust what a VZW rep tells you. (No disrespect to any in here :))

People make mistakes, computers make mistakes. It happens.

Everyone is just looking out for ya... hate to see you (or anyone) get a giant bill!

bje1982

Reaction score

Meh, incompetence?

He was probably telling the truth but when they catch up with you thats when the "store level" employees would be able to see that.

Edit: I personally dont really care if you get over on Verizon in fact more power to you I just was trying to warn you so to say,.

Hiroshika

Reaction score

See im curious, I have a long history of this. For example, 5 YEARS ago I had cable modem service in the town I used to live in, well, they never EVER to this day deactivated the modem, EVER, but they did remove it from the bill and placed it (I used to work in the industry) on test/tech status...and yes, it still works anywhere within that company's system. I have it to this day (heh why not?) but never use it lately unless I travel as I live in a different system now. Things like that make me think I scored again, but maybe my luck is just running out? A 3k bill would suck and proably cause my wife to put a hatchet in my eye.

Meh, incompetence?

Just because they dont have a record of them NOT being returned, doesnt mean that they have a record of them being returned. They give you a good amount of time to return them, I think its 3-6 months tops, even though they tell you 30 days. (Theres lots of delays in the refurb process and shipping, etc) So if eventually the phone doesnt turn up, theyll report it and blacklist it. Its still morally wrong not to return them, and possibly fraud.

But what i want to know is how did you get ANOTHER eris after you kept the first replacement?

Abadus

Reaction score
Get tikl and see if you can talk between them. You just have to do it from WIFI only. :p

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well either way, keeping phones that don't belong to you is wrong. that being said, this forum is not the place to try and sell them. carma gonna get ya :D

OP
S

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
well either way, keeping phones that don't belong to you is wrong. that being said, this forum is not the place to try and sell them. carma gonna get ya :D

Exactly why i never said I would to anybody here =P Actually I never thought of selling them till others mentioned it. Doubt i will though, I want to do something fun with them you know? I have tiny handheld computers, there must be something I can do...

Huh i wonder if theres a pure linux kernal I could flash on the droid and just boot into X? That might be fun...

Signum

Reaction score
i wouldnt sell them. ive seen customers get charged for the phones 4+ months after they were supposed to have them returned.

im just sayin...

edit: as a matter of fact, i had a customer tonight who just got charged for not returning a phone from 2/27 of this year.