what to do to save battery life?

mindytyson3

Reaction score
is there anything i could do to save battery life on my droid 2? its not bad just didn't know what all to turn off or any tricks. thanks.dancedroid

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
is there anything i could do to save battery life on my droid 2? its not bad just didn't know what all to turn off or any tricks. thanks.dancedroid

Typically you want to keep your GPS, WiFi and bluetooth off unless you are using them. I also use an app called Juice Defender that allows various settings in order to save power.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Acceptance is the key. If you spend your time worrying about battery life you won't be able to enjoy your phone so: Buy a car charger. A dock to put your Droid in and charge when you are not using it. A couple of spare batteries (cheap in Amazon.com) and at least one plug in wall charger (about 5.00 on ebay).

Since you have a lithium battery you can charge it as often as you like so keeping it on a dock on your desk during the day won't harm anything. I have one extra battery, most of the time I don't need it but if I do I know it's available to me.

Barristro

Reaction score
Check your battery usage (Menu > Settings > Battery Manager) and see where you are using all the power.

Personally, I was able to almost double the life by turning the back light as low as it would go when indoors (which is still pretty high IMO).

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Buy the Verizon extended battery, it does wonders, i was using up my battery and killing it at work before i ever went home. Now with the extended battery i can go all day at work without thinking about my charger!

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
ok thank all of you for your input! i will take everyones advice! i just got it yesterday so i will charge it tonight or sometime today depending on how long i stay on it...ha. and just see.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Typically you want to keep your GPS, WiFi and bluetooth off

I leave mine on all the time. GPS is only used if an app needs it, otherwise it is turned off. WIFI actually uses less juice than 3G so you want to leave it on and available to your phone. That being said, there's a bug with the droid x where you need to turn off location & security > use wireless networks

If that doesn't seem to work for you:
-turn of GPS when done using
-turn off WIFI when done using
-reboot after charging
...all of this stuff shouldn't be necessary so hopefully the update will fix it.

To save battery power uninstall task killers and antivirus. Uninstall any unneeded apps/widgets/live wallpapers that run in the background. When done with Maps, return to home screen so GPS turns off. When done with Navigation, use the Exit button from the menu.

Dial *228 to update PRLs

Dial *#*#4636#*#* to find culprits that drain battery power

rodr2257

Reaction score
An extended battery is always a good opinion for extra life for any phone... just 2 cents of wisdow...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

quaffapint

Reaction score
Going into airplane mode overnight and other times I'm using it has really helped wonders with my DXs battery life.

slowtype

Reaction score
get rid of those lousy app killers but more importantly,

check your battery stats occasionally. Every once in a while ill get a bad app that doesn't shut off correctly and is accounting for the greatest % of battery usage. For example I had a app for golfing. Tried it out for all of 10 minutes. 3 hours later my battery was very low. Checked battery stats and viola, this golf app was eating away at my bat. life. Force close, and delete app. I don't want that poorly written app on my phone.

Battery usage should be dominated by either the display of voice calls.