What to do next?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why if you have SPRecovery you need to get ROM Manager and flash clockwork. That is a complete waste of time.

All you need to do is a back up, a wipe, and install restore if you have the latest version of Froyo in your Nandroid folder.

All that other stuff is so unnecessary.

OP
gotbst05

gotbst05

Reaction score
i'm just doing what worked for me. the only reason why it messed up on in the first place is because i made a stupid mistake

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Rom Manager and ClockworkMod are much nicer than SPRecovery. As someone who was very comfortable with SPRecovery once I started using Rom Manager and ClockworkMod...there was no going back.

Why makes things more time consuming and more difficult by using SPRecover when you don't have to?

Want to install the market fix, the new baseband, the 2nd new baseband....how about a different kernal. How many times would you have to power off your phone, boot into SPRecovery and of course remembering to rename each of those files update.zip as needed?

With Rom Manager and ClockworkMod you wouldn't have to do it even once. While using the phone normally, select what you want to install, click a few options and allow it and it does it all for you. Much simpler, much faster and makes it much easier to test new kernals as you can do it on wherever you are and have 3G or WiFi connectivity.

I still can't fathom why people want to use SPRecovery so much.

OP
gotbst05

gotbst05

Reaction score
now that i have clockworkrecovery, i'll never go back to using sprecovery. i only used it to get my droid up and running again because of my stupid mistake.