what to do after wiping data/cache?

flyinion

Reaction score
Ok so of course if I wipe data/cache I know I have to re-enter my gmail info at first boot. What I'm not sure about is whether I need to do the *228 and options 1 and/or 2 after that? It seems to me that doing at least option 2 to update roaming would be a good idea but not sure about number 1. Now that I'm asking this I'm also curious which if any of those should be done if I'm moving to a new ROM and not wiping? Thanks for helping a slightly confused semi-noob (rooted about 2 months ago). :)

deaf leppy

Reaction score
The only reason you would need to do a *228 is if you were changing basebands, which required re-activation.

OP
flyinion

flyinion

Reaction score
The only reason you would need to do a *228 is if you were changing basebands, which required re-activation.

So after installing a new ROM and wiping data/cache I don't need to do *228 at all? Just put in Gmail account and go?

deaf leppy

Reaction score
Yep, unless you are changing basebands activation isn't required.

OP
flyinion

flyinion

Reaction score
Wow ok, I just kind of assumed I at least needed to update roaming with option 2. So the phone stores this separately from where a ROM keeps its data/cache info then. Good to know.