What to do after Factory Reset? DROID 1 v2.2.1

iamjoe

Reaction score
I am about to reset my DROID 1 running 2.2.1 (non rooted). It's been dog slow lately (gallery takes way, way long to load, launcher pro takes way long to load), so I am taking the lunge.

I have backed up my apps to my sd card and I have an appbrain account so I can re-sync my apps (I believe).

After I wipe the DROID, what steps do I have to take to get back to the latest OS?

Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, what steps have you taken to get rid of the lag? Have you tried switching to ADW?

Also, I had this saved from somewhere - maybe some of it can help:

Huskerkate says:

this works every time for me, and many others (from samsonite801):

[FONT=&quot]If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop[/FONT]

To remove the toggle: [FONT=&quot]In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

also, you can press menu<preferences<advanced settings<memory usage settings<memory usage preset<select light or low. also, in menu<preferences<general settings<check "keep in memory". finally, you can disable compcache in Term Emu:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]su[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]compcache stop[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]reboot[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]or, you can go into root explorer/system/etc/init.d/ and press "mount r/w" and then rename 90compcache.apk to 90compcache.bak, "mount r/o", and then reboot.[/FONT]

Good luck. :)

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Bayou, you should post your answer as a sticky somewhere with an appropriate title. That way I could find it again should I have this problem or other people could find it with a google search if appropiatly tagged.

OP
iamjoe

iamjoe

Reaction score
Bayou, can I do this if I am not rooted? If so... how?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Uhh, all those instructions are for a rooted phone. I ain't steeling Bayou's thunder but sometimes those rescue squad people are real busy and if you do not PM them the never will know you are asking a question. I should have done that myself with my first post.

Anyway, I can not help you root, you will need to look at the threads for the Droid, it is totally different with the droid 2. Google SuperOneClickv1.5.5-ShortFuse.zip that should get the link for you. That is for the droid 1.

OP
iamjoe

iamjoe

Reaction score
Thanks chrstdvd. I will check out the SuperOneClickv1.5.5-ShortFuse.zip.

If I want to reset my DROID and start fresh, what steps will I have to take to get back up to 2.2.1 ?