What the !@#$!!

Reaction score
Ok so here is the deal, I'm rooted running Cyanogen 5.0.6.1 and overclocked using a profile that I found on here. My problem/question is, I just partitioned my SD so I can install apps on my card, but after I did that my phone seems to lag like crazy. Any ideas as to why? I have Apollo task killer only to keep up with how much memory my phone is using. I only installed it to see if I could find out my phone is lagging. Any help is appreciated.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. What do you mean "overclocked using a profile that I found on here"? You saw someone's SetCPU profile settings and used their profile settings?

2. Did you try a data wipe?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you running launcher2 or helixlauncher2? i would suggest switching to helix 1

OP
ClaudioKilgannon
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the replies. Yes it was some Setcpu profile that I want to say cerealkiller came up with that someone else posted as well. Yes I moved all of my apps to the card excpet for a few that I was using at the time. I'm running helixlauncer 2 but havn't had any problems up until now, so I don't think thats the problem. And yeah I thought that I probably should have posted in the hacking right after I clicked submit, however I was hoping that someone besides a hacker would have some insight. Thanks though guys.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And what are those profile(s) settings? Also use Helix original, much less lag.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also might be good to know what class your SD card is. If it's a lower class/speed, you could expect to see a slowdown since the read/write to/from your sd card would be slower than if the apps were in the phones memory. Just another possibility to consider.

OP
ClaudioKilgannon
Reaction score
The profiles were max 1100 general, standby max 550, >40% 700 max, >39 celsius 550, all on demand. Like I said there were no problems with helix2 and no, it was not moved to the card I left it, hancent, astro, and a couple of others on the phone. The card is the stock card that came with the phone 16gb. I partitioned because I was thinking that if the apps weren't on the phone, it would be able to use the memory as sort of virtual memory to run faster. If I decide that this is more annoying than helpful, is there a way to remove the partition?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Take it off ondemand and put it on performance.

johall07

Reaction score
i didnt think you could use the apps2sd with the stock card cause its only class two and you needed like 6 or something

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i didnt think you could use the apps2sd with the stock card cause its only class two and you needed like 6 or something

Nope, I'm using Apps2SD with mine and it's working perfectly fine.

OP
ClaudioKilgannon
Reaction score
Well first off, my problems weren't with any apps, the phone itself was lagging i.e. when I was going to the home screen and scrolling right to left. However today, other than maybe one or two hiccups, it didn't lag at all. I'm thinking that something was running in the background with the apps2s, since that was the only thing I changed. It may also have been where I uninstalled the Blink app. I hated it. But thanks guys anyways.