What the heck is wrong with this ROM?!?!?!?

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
It's probably not the ROM.....but the user. I know that. You know that. Moving on...........

I downloaded the .zip to my desktop, dragged to SD root, disconnected phone from computer, Bootstrapper, factory wipe, cache wipe, apply zip from SD, choose zip from SD, chose ultimate_shadow-ota-eng.blackdroid.zip and then reboot now. This thing went so nuts, I thought that sbf wouldn't even be possibe (still not sure what SBF stands for or means....but anyways). it didn't even have it's own dialer or file manager to get back into bootstrapper. EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE APP. FC'd, REBOOT NEARLY LEFT MY PHONE UNRETRIEVABLE! So.........What did I do wrong?!!?:rofl3:

adsfa34

Reaction score
when using bootstrapper, you have to be mounted to the /system in order to format it. ...were you properly mounted when you "factory reset"?

also it's best to format the entire /system partition, not just data and cache. and like RafficaX said, also wipe your dalvik cache.

OP
JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Alright.... UD ROM

So what are the steps from clockwork to be properly mounted and formatted in order for this ROM to work. And I did try to download gapps, but it would just stay on the downloading screen...... then when I would click the back button..... off to reboot... Sorry for my ignorance.

adsfa34

Reaction score
backup before you do this: nandroid>backup.

under "partitions" select "mount /system". Once it's mounted, it'll read "unmount /system". Do the same for /data and /cache. While in the partitions menu, go ahead and format /system, /data, and /cache a few times each.

Back out of the menu with the power button, and go under "advanced". Select "wipe dalvik cache". Then back out using the power button again and install the ROM.

if you still have problems, try re-downloading the file and starting over. it's possible your download was corrupted.

hope this helps.

let us know how it goes and we'll proceed from there :)

OP
JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
tried everything

Ok. I did everything. Including the dalvik cache wipe. Nothing helped. Are you guys still in the testing phase for this ROM? When someone can tell me how to fix the issues let me know. Keep on keepin on. L8R