What the heck is up with "4G""???

jjbinks82

Reaction score
All day my connection had been horrible!! Did a speed test in different parts of the city (I'm a driver) and EVERYWHERE I've been getting .8mbs in download and 1-2mbs on upload. I'm in Seattle.

Anyone else experiencing this around the area or nation wide???

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

Kobe24

Reaction score
I'm on the other side of the US, but lately I've been having very good 4G speed & no data drops. I'm still on GB by the way..

Ashikoman23

Reaction score
My 4g was screaming fast earlier, but in typical .905 fashion has dropped to 3g fit the last half hour

floyd

Reaction score
My Bionic has been dropping to 3g consistently for the past 24 hours. Even at home where I never had this happen.

I'm in Manhattan. Have they porked the towers?

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I'm rooted, on stock running .901.

I don't think root has anything to do with speed. my buddy was experiencing slow and choppy speeds too. Must be a Seattle area thing.

bhp117

Reaction score
25-34 dl 10-15 ul in san francisco ca , tested 5x , full bars
12-22 dl 3-8 in fremont ca , tested 6x , 3 bars

huskur

Reaction score
I'm rooted, on stock running .901.

I don't think root has anything to do with speed. my buddy was experiencing slow and choppy speeds too. Must be a Seattle area thing.

pull the battery and take out your SIM. Wait 30 seconds and put it back in and boot your phone up. That clears it up 99% of the time. Try it and post back...I am curious

GAstorino

Reaction score
Its A Verizon thing

Its a Verizon thing. Live in Portland, OR and have never been able to get adequate 4G since update to 905 ( I am stock) This is the second phone and was brand new and 4G didn't work with either phone. Barely get 3G half the time either. Hoping Ice Cream will solve it if it ever comes out.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
This is something different.. I've always had a 4G connection at my house, 2-4 bars of it always. Now I'm getting frequent data drops and it switches to 3G constantly, and I've been on stock 905 this whole time. For some of us it might be the phone, but I don't think that's the case for quite a few of us.
-Colorado Verizon customer

And 4 more data drops while just typing this.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I was in Seattle today, no issues... What version are you on? 905 or am ics build?

floyd

Reaction score
4g now seems stable at home bur with 2-3 bars rather than usual 3-4 bars and 5 mbps down; 3 up instead of usual 15 down 10 up.

Verizon definitely messing with the towers.