What the heck happened???

Droids R Us

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been playing with roms for about 6 months now. I now have a major problem. I have been using Peter Alfonso ROM's GPA 13, 14, now 15. Last week I got bored and decided to try a Cyanogen 7.0.3. I Wiped data, cache, and dalvik and flashed the rom. right from the start I had troubles with the on screen keyboard not working right. Instead of capitalizing it would put a z in and my return key wouldn't work. I decided to quit playing and go back to GPA15 backup I had in Rom Manager. This didn't help. Things would now open and close themselves, and the phone would dial numbers and would randomly open the browser and start typing z's s's etc. I went back and wiped the data cache and dalvik again and even formatted the sd card and reinstalled a clean GPA 15. My phone worked okay for about 20 minutes and started doing this jumping around again. Anyone have a clue of what else I can do or did I somehow brick this darn thing? I'm due for a new phone replacement next month and would like to hold on until then. Any suggestions......

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Ensure that your phone is not overheated. When my phone is too hot, it can do some funny things as you described above.

Also, consider possible damage to the screen, even if it isn't a visible scratch.