1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What Texting app can I use that w/ DISPLAY MY TEXTS CONTENTS AUTOMATICALLY? Droid 2.2

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by w27bill, Aug 3, 2011.

1. w27bill

w27bill New Member

WhichTexting app can I use that w/ DISPLAY MY TEXT MESSAGES AUTOMATICALLY HANDS FREE? Moto Droid 2.2.2:motdroidvert:

Up until about 2 wks ago, I ALWAYS had my incoming texts AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYED FOR ME TO READ THE MESSAGE.:icon_ banana:
    Now, it's stopped doing that:frown:. Sometimes I don't even get a notification or ringtone that I've got a new text (let alone automatically opening up the message to be displayed so I can read the contents)
    I've had "HANDCENT SMS" all along, but I uninstalled that app, thought maybe it was a problem w/ its latest update.
    So I've just been using the "stock" Messaging app that (if i recall correctly) came already installed on the phone.
    Soooooooo........................ Can anybody offer any advice, suggestions as to HOW CAN I GET MY INCOMING TEXT MESSAGES TO AUTOMATICALLY POP UP FOR ME TO READ THE MESSAGE - HANDS FREE??

THANK YOU MUCHO IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO OFFER!:)
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

sorry ur having issues. But in ur SMS settings, u have "notifications" box, checked? And did u try to reinstall hand cent and it was a no go? Are u running a certain ROM?
  3. w27bill

w27bill New Member

FIXED!!!!
    I UN-installed, then RE-installed HandCent, and my incoming texts have since been AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYED like the were before:icon_ banana:!!
Search tags for this page
app that displays new texts
droid app for displaying texts
free apps to display text

text display app