What text messaging app do you use?

Reaction score
I am curious what text messaging app everyone uses. Some people are fine with the stock app, but a lot of people seem to use Handcent instead because of the look and customization of it. I have also heard good things about chompSMS and GO SMS, but can get no general consensus as to a clear winner. Which do you like best, and why do you like it better than the others (if you have tried any of them)?

want a droid

Reaction score
I've been using the stock messaging app since day 1. I never liked the stock moto app so I always used Handcent, but I don't mind HTC's stock messaging app. I'm going to stick with it for a while probably.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
With my d1 I used handset. It's a great app and I may eventually switch back to iron my tbolt but for now I'm using the stock HTC app. It works well and looks good enough that I have really found no reason to use anything else.

Sent from my ADR6400L

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
I've been using handcent since day 1 of the OG Droid...and Handcent day 1 of the TB

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Handcent here as well.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

rmwheeler

Reaction score
Stock. Trying to get the full sense experience for now

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Seems like Handcent is the winner..

Well, its still early, it has not even been a day yet since I posted this, but it does look to be the favorite choice of people. I'm surprised not even one person has chosen chomp or GO yet though, as I know that some people prefer them to Handcent for various reasons. I have been using Handcent (preferred to stock), but was considering trying the others. If they don't fare very well in this poll and no one comments to change my mind, I will just stick with Handcent.

The one thing I like about stock over Handcent is the little bubble that pops up on the icon telling you how many unread messages you have. Is there a similar option on Handcent? I could not find one. The only thing Handcent appears to let you do is change the color or appearance of the icon, which does not help me out much.

Kack

Reaction score
im using stock its pretty nice and easy to forward. on the moto d1 d2 and dx it was always a pain to forward so i used handcent and handcent is great but this stock works nice too.

abstractglam

Reaction score
I love handcent but I'm actually using Go SMS right now I downloaded it after using stock for a couple days the dark theme for it looks really good with the skin I'm using right now (Slate)

kerrdj

Reaction score
i downloaded all the messaging apps listed above and couldnt find anything that i liked enough to keep over stock...