What tablet to buy?

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Been looking into getting a Xoom. I know they have been out awhile, I dont want to go buy it then have a Xoom2 come out. What do you all think? Also what about that Samsung 10.1? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
Personally i went with the ASUS eee pad transformer. It's a great 10.1 tab that runs honeycomb 3.2

Of course its only wifi but that is OK. I am near wifi all the time and when i am not i just use wifi tether with my X.

It also has the Tegra 2 processor that has been flawless so far. The battery life is about 10 hours maybe a little more. You can get a keyboard docking station for it that serves many purposes also. The dock turns it into a touchscreen laptop running Android! Fabulous....not to mention the docking keyboard station also has a battery in it for another 10 to 16 hours of ADDITIONAL use. It also gives you USB's and a media card reader. (it also charges the tablet while docked from the battery in the keyboard dock)

Before the XOOM and the GTab check out the ASUS Transformer. Best investment i have made in a long time

Djscrib

Reaction score
I immediately rooted and put a custom rom on my Xoom. It is a nice device but with the quad cores coming out later this year, I personally would wait.

huskur

Reaction score
I immediately rooted and put a custom rom on my Xoom. It is a nice device but with the quad cores coming out later this year, I personally would wait.

Quad core is not really a big deal unless you are running multiple applications simultaneously. Remember your cores are divided by processor. Really the dual cores could indeed run faster and more efficient depending on usage. The only time this is not true is if the processor is 2 GHZ or greater in speed.

Semaj

Reaction score
I just got the Asus Transformer as well. No complaints so far.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I just bought the galaxy 10.1 last week. I'm loving it so far and am on it constantly. Lot easier on my eyes than my phone. I can't believe how light it is and it comes with 4G already available. I played around with the zoom in the store also but just liked the galaxy better. I think that's the only way to decide is to go to a store and play around with them.

cubuff

Reaction score
I really like my xoom. Had it since day one, with the bt keyboard and mouse and speaker doc its great and easy to pack for travel. Its all your personal preference, the galaxy tab wasn't out when I bought mine so pry like mentioned earlier go play around in the store.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
I don't own a tablet, but I have researched them and I am going to buy the Transformer 2, if I can wait that long. Android tablets are all remarkably similar right now. The companies have not found many ways to differentiate themselves yet. I suggest go somewhere like best buy and pick them up and play with them to find which one you like the best.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I love my Galaxy 10.1. My friends have Xooms but they are nothing compared to the Galaxy.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
At the moment, the 3g Xoom had the best price performance of all the tablets. I believe you can get a certified pre-owned online for $399, new for $499. It is heavier than the Samsung Galaxy 10.1, but the Xoom 32 GB can grow to 64 GB now, and you get a free mail-in 4g upgrade! My pre-owned rocks in the leather case with built-in Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
dudeitsmattx

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Idk if I want a 3G/4g. I might only go with WiFi and just teather free from my phone.

idk5

Reaction score
I bought my Xoom yesterday and I am loving it should have gotten it a long time ago

Wi-Fi Xoom most likely teathering on to Bionic

squeak

Reaction score
i have a xoom and a nook color running cm7. I think you'll see some better tablets coming out soon, but if you want something now it's mainly personal preference. the majority of the 10in honeycomb tablets are almost identical in specs: tegra 2 10.1 in screen, 1 gig of ram, ect. i bought the wifi xoom at launch and dont regret it at all, it was a bit buggy at first but i knew i was buying something that would be, and it really has just gotten better with updates. the other thing about the xoom is it's the google honeycomb launch device, so i assume it will be the first of the available tablets to get ice cream sandwich, and continue to get timely updates, as it has so far.