1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What system does Skype use?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by greyghost04, Jan 6, 2010.

1. greyghost04

greyghost04 New Member

When I use Skype it says," it will now dial xxx-xxx-xxxx to connect". Now, is it dialing on the cellular network or is it dialing on the wifi network. If it's dialing on the cellular network I can't use it outside of the USA as the rest of the world is GSM. If it's dialing on the wifi connection, you could be dialing from almost anywhere in the world for practically free. Does anyone know how this works?
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Its over wifi and data.... should not be using "cellular"....please someone correct me if I am offbase with this...
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. fegul

fegul New Member

It uses your minutes and isn't "true" VoIP, take a look here: Skype Lite ? for Nokia, Motorola, Samsung and Sony Ericsson phones

Calling Skype contacts requires minutes so it's placing an actual call somewhere else first. For true VoIP with Skype I'd use Fring. There is some pretty heavy delay in the call though from what I've noticed though.
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ah...Thanks for clearing that up.
Search tags for this page

skype mobile can't connect to your cellular network

skype mobile can't connect to your cellular network