What smart actions do you have set?

kbrandt

Reaction score
I do receive text with Cellular Data Disabled with Trigger:Display Off. I also have set up Light Flow to flash the notification light blue when the text comes in and this works with Cellular Data Disabled.

Trigger:
Display Off

Actions:
Cellular Data Disabled
Wi-Fi Off
GPS Off
Background Sync Off

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
How do you get the 4G off with smart action?

You can't do it they haven't created a shortcut for it and a widget hasn't been made yet for one-click to turn off 4g. You still have to go through settings on all the Widgets I've seen

jaccav

Reaction score
I've had a lot of success using these:

At night (11:30pm - 6am) If the screen is off and no motion is detected, then GPS, WIFI, Cellular Data and background sync are all turned off.

During the day, I do the same thing except for 10 minutes every two hours, which allows some time for email and data to sync.

When I am on my home or work WIFI, I have cellular data turned off. If I want to send an MMS message, I toggle WIFI off, which allows 3g/4g to kick on so I can send the message. When it finishes, I toggle WIFI back on. I have a toggle on the home page to make that quick and easy.

I set the screen brightness to auto, which has been helpful.

These actions have made a huge difference in battery life.

qoncept

Reaction score
I've been using Setting Profiles for a couple years now and just found out this morning Smart Actions can almost completely replace it. The problem is I don't want to enable wifi because our internet connection is (way) slower than 4g so I usually don't want to be connected to my home network, but I do want the ability to connect easily at times. Without wifi on Smart Actions can't use location triggers (while Setting Profiles can).

I'm not too concerned about battery usage. I'll enable wifi if I can find an easy way to toggle my home network connection -- but if I just disconnect and reconnect, that's twice as many menus to go through AND I have to retype my WPA key every time. Anyone have a good solution?

The one trigger I have set up:
Triggers: Night, Charging, No Motion
Action: Launch Bedside clock

In Setting Profiles:
Rules: 8:30-17:00 M-F, location within a half mile of work, no vacation in my calendar
Profile: Silent, vibrate

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've been using Setting Profiles for a couple years now and just found out this morning Smart Actions can almost completely replace it. The problem is I don't want to enable wifi because our internet connection is (way) slower than 4g so I usually don't want to be connected to my home network, but I do want the ability to connect easily at times. Without wifi on Smart Actions can't use location triggers (while Setting Profiles can).

I'm not too concerned about battery usage. I'll enable wifi if I can find an easy way to toggle my home network connection -- but if I just disconnect and reconnect, that's twice as many menus to go through AND I have to retype my WPA key every time. Anyone have a good solution?

The one trigger I have set up:
Triggers: Night, Charging, No Motion
Action: Launch Bedside clock

In Setting Profiles:
Rules: 8:30-17:00 M-F, location within a half mile of work, no vacation in my calendar
Profile: Silent, vibrate

This post above has the unique discinction of being the 18,000 post on this forum! See below.

View attachment 48437

enolamyecart

Reaction score
Stay safe out there! I set this one up and it works great. Once I leave the car and disconnect from BT or Dock, things go back to normal.

Trigger: Connected to in Vehicles’ Bluetooth

Action: Auto Reply Text “I am driving. I will respond when stationary. –don’t text & drive.”

-OR-

Trigger: Connected to Motorola vehicle Dock

Action: Auto Reply Text “I am driving. I will respond when stationary. –don’t text & drive.”

For Google voice users: I had to do a workaround because I use Google Voice as my primary texting application. Within GV settings,there is an option to also notify via the native messaging app. Works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

keegan

Reaction score
You don't need to manually trigger data away from wifi. Setup a trigger for timeframe allday.
Action data on

When you leave home or anywhere you have a wifi action, this kicks in and turns on data. When you get back to your home, your wifi action kicks in.
I leave wifi on all the time except when the screen is off, then all radios go off saving the most battery, this is the biggest battery saver.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Can you show me your exact smart action triggers and actions for this ? I would like for my WIFI to turn on and 4g/3g off when i am at home but once i leave home , i want my 4G/3G to turn on and my WIFI turned off.

Thank You.

Last edited:

trustwiz

Reaction score
Wifi On Data Off

Here's what I did. First I had GPS on to detect my home, but I changed that because it was suggested from a video NOT to leave GPS on all the time. It would use some battery which is not necessary. So I downloaded a simple wifi widget and placed it on my home screen.

The trigger is when wifi is turned on.

Actions are Turn mobile Data Off, GPS off, Bluetooth Off, Brightness Smart Mode (not needed to be bright if sitting in your house (this is optional).

When I turn Wifi Off with the widget, Data automatically turns itself on and brightness returns to my normal setting and my Bluetooth goes back on automatically.