What size sd can be put in D3?

kdw11005

Reaction score
I'm done with the charge & have decided to get the D3. I was just wounding how big of an sd card can you put in it?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
I'm done with the charge & have decided to get the D3. I was just wounding how big of an sd card can you put in it?

32gb. Just curious, what's bad about the charge?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

militant

Reaction score

32 as the above poster stated, but I recall reading that Android phones often don't take kindly to 32gb cards. Is anyone running a 32 in their D3 without issues? I'm using the 4gb from my Ally, I have most apps I could ever want installed, and have 1.5gigs free still of app space, about 9 gigs left on the internal storage on the phone, and just over 3gb on my SD card. God I love google music, my entire music collection, automatically updated, available from any device without actually storing the music on it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

32 as the above poster stated, but I recall reading that Android phones often don't take kindly to 32gb cards. Is anyone running a 32 in their D3 without issues? I'm using the 4gb from my Ally, I have most apps I could ever want installed, and have 1.5gigs free still of app space, about 9 gigs left on the internal storage on the phone, and just over 3gb on my SD card. God I love google music, my entire music collection, automatically updated, available from any device without actually storing the music on it.

I've been running a 32gb card in my Droid 3 without any issues.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
I was having problems with peoples voices sounding like robots & people telling me my voice sounding horrible on the charge. I also had a high pitch squel coming through..... Some people I talked to that had the charge had the same problem

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
You had to have a bad one, or a bad signal, because the Charge was one of the best voice quality phones I ever used. Loved the screen also, but Touchwiz sucked, so it had to go.

Jeeper_Slick

Reaction score
I'm running a 16gb card in my D3. Its the one out of my OG Droid, and it's fine as well.

JoeHockey

Reaction score
I'm running a 16gb card in my D3. Its the one out of my OG Droid, and it's fine as well.

My D3 is arriving today and I also plan to take the 16gb card our of my OG droid and use it. Did you have to reformat the card or just plug it in?

otacon

Reaction score
Get the highest class card you can it does make a difference. When I first got the D3 I just my old 8GB Class 2 in from my BlackBerry. When I would take pics or transfer files I could notice a definite lag. I got a PNY 16GB Class 10 and what a wold of difference. There's very few things I won't order off of Ebay and that's one of them. $10 SanDisk Class 10 32GB I was like yeah right. If that's genuine SanDisk I'll eat my D3.

spillner

Reaction score
I rock a 32g san disk and it works great, you can find them online for about $70. Well worth it if you wanna put a ton of music/movies on your phone.