What size are you getting, 16 GB or 32 GB...and why?

geilt

Reaction score
I payed 250 for the phone, and yes on the back it does say 16 GB. Website says 16 GB, Box says it too, but it has a 16 GB card in it...dunno wtf is going on.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
geilt said:
I payed 250 for the phone, and yes on the back it does say 16 GB. Website says 16 GB, Box says it too, but it has a 16 GB card in it...dunno wtf is going on.

Forget about the person that you know. Call Verizon tell them what has happen and then tell them that you want the 32 gig S3 and that you are keeping the 16 gig SD card for the inconvenience.

geilt

Reaction score
Was able to communicate with the rep, said he would refund me 50.00 if I bring the SD card back. Guess that solves that question. SO much for honesty from people you know for a long time these days. :(

jgmecarter

Reaction score
geilt said:
Was able to communicate with the rep, said he would refund me 50.00 if I bring the SD card back. Guess that solves that question. SO much for honesty from people you know for a long time these days. :(

Not really you are now stuck with the phone that you didn't want

Black05Hemi

Reaction score
They told me to call back Friday to try and do a switch through the worry free guarantee...She was very helpful and understanding about the situation...She said I had to wait till Friday, because the phone is still in pre-order status, and won't be in the stores until Thursday...She initially told me, yes I have a 14-day return policy. But, if I return it, it cancels the contract from when I purchased it (June 27th), and the replacement phone starts the new contract from the day it is purchased. Which makes sense to me

Trapper31

Reaction score

Wow sorry to hear that! For the past few years I've realized that most users on these forums have more Android knowledge than all Verizon reps combined, so I've stopped going into the retail stores.

As for the storage on the phone, I'd say if you want the 32GB phone then don't get the refund, get the phone (if you think that extra storage will be worth it). The S3 has about 6GB just in the operating system and Verizon bloatware. I almost reconsidered my pre-order of the 32GB version, but I'm glad I kept it.

That's my 2 cents anyways, no matter what else happens enjoy the phone!

Edit: I just read your most recent post, and I think if you elevate this issue Verizon should work with you to keep your contract. You were deceived from the beginning, which isn't acceptable.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Black05Hemi said:
They told me to call back Friday to try and do a switch through the worry free guarantee...She was very helpful and understanding about the situation...She said I had to wait till Friday, because the phone is still in pre-order status, and won't be in the stores until Thursday...She initially told me, yes I have a 14-day return policy. But, if I return it, it cancels the contract from when I purchased it (June 27th), and the replacement phone starts the new contract from the day it is purchased. Which makes sense to me

Verizon gave my wife a early upgrade so I ordered her a galaxy nexus on the 27th because you can not use a pre order on the S3. When we got it I called them and told them that she did not want it and she wanted to exchange it for the S3 they said that was fine. I asked them if it would take away her unlimited data and they told me no because we would still be within the 14 days

geilt

Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear that! For the past few years I've realized that most users on these forums have more Android knowledge than all Verizon reps combined, so I've stopped going into the retail stores.

As for the storage on the phone, I'd say if you want the 32GB phone then don't get the refund, get the phone (if you think that extra storage will be worth it). The S3 has about 6GB just in the operating system and Verizon bloatware. I almost reconsidered my pre-order of the 32GB version, but I'm glad I kept it.

That's my 2 cents anyways, no matter what else happens enjoy the phone!

Edit: I just read your most recent post, and I think if you elevate this issue Verizon should work with you to keep your contract. You were deceived from the beginning, which isn't acceptable.

Thanks for the advice, I may contact Verizon itself via phone and see if they can resolve the issue for me instead of getting the "50.00" back.

kparks

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I may contact Verizon itself via phone and see if they can resolve the issue for me instead of getting the "50.00" back.
Yes that is exactly what u should do and if in fact it did come with a 16gb card in it.. was the box open or anything cuz thats throwing alot of red flags where did u get the phone from??? sound like maybe sum1 is pulling the old "switcharoo" yea deff spelled wrong lol.... and to be honest 16gb is plenty of storage now if u can get the refund and keep the sd card because i wouldnt send it back i would do that!!

kparks

Reaction score
this rep sounds like a dummy id tell him i ordered the 32gb model what sd card are u talking about it does not ship with a sd card but they shipped me the 16gb and if he had anything to do with handling ur phone i would get his name because he prolly has ur 32gb phone!!... or would go with my previous post..

kparks

Reaction score

kparks

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
I always wear protection,LOL.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

I guess i like it raw and taking chances lmao.. i still might get one i dont plan on keeping it long but i always feel like ima drop it

Magdalicious

Reaction score
I actually registered.. just to reply to you

I never said anything about making more profit on the phone. I said it would sell for more maybe if some of you could understand basic English this conversation would have never gotten out of hand. the next time I comment on a thread I will make sure I message you what I am saying so that you can jump to conclusions and the conversation can just be between you and me

I mean come on, whatever, sure, you buy and sell phones ok, great. But.... Really? You're slamming other people and their basic abilities in English, and then have loads of spelling and grammar errors in your previous posts? Don't get me wrong everyone makes typos (or doesn't care enough to correct them, something I'm often guilty of), but it's just hilarious to me that you'd make a comment like that and then not edit your own posts. :D Glass houses my friend. Just sayin' :D