What size are you getting, 16 GB or 32 GB...and why?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
kparks said:
I know what ur saying and it won't sell for more it will sell for roughly 50$ but u already put that 50$ into the phone so it's will be the same net profit.

Yes thank you maybe I should have cleared that up sooner. Sorry guys. And when I sell it that 50$ will look better to my wife because she does not know the price of the phone. And I think she is getting tired of me buying a new phone every two months

johnd09

Reaction score
Remember the S3 supports sdxc cards up to 64gb, if you really need more storage. 80-90 bucks for double the storage of the 32GB model, then you get to keep the extra storage when you sell phone.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Remember any phones from 2011 work with 64 gb. It was test on HTC g2 which is second generation of android back in 2010.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Well, heh heh, getting back to the original question, let's suppose I have no intention of selling the SGS3 later. I've never sold a phone to pay for a new one; usually I give it to someone in my family, or I donate it to the troops.
So, with the "later sale" question out of the equation, is there any advantage to paying $50 now for 16 GB that I may never use?

Beka27

Reaction score
Well, heh heh, getting back to the original question, let's suppose I have no intention of selling the SGS3 later. I've never sold a phone to pay for a new one; usually I give it to someone in my family, or I donate it to the troops.
So, with the "later sale" question out of the equation, is there any advantage to paying $50 now for 16 GB that I may never use?

I also usually give mine away, and kudos for the troops donation!:biggrin:

In short, in my opinion... NO. You can get a 32GB card for less than $50. Just looking at the dollar signs, you're paying a PREMIUM for a measly 16GB. If the phone did not have an SD slot and Sammy/VZW were only offering a 16 or 32GB with no option to expand, 32 is the easy choice. But we have the best of both worlds, a choice of internal storage AND expansion.

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I also usually give mine away, and kudos for the troops donation!:biggrin:

In short, in my opinion... NO. You can get a 32GB card for less than $50. Just looking at the dollar signs, you're paying a PREMIUM for a measly 16GB. If the phone did not have an SD slot and Sammy/VZW were only offering a 16 or 32GB with no option to expand, 32 is the easy choice. But we have the best of both worlds, a choice of internal storage AND expansion.

Thanks, Beka, for putting it in perspective for me... I can easily find an SD card for way less that $50.
So, OK, I'm going to pre-order my pebble-blue, 16GB Galaxy SIII today.
Thanks, all!

Beka27

Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure what the "shelf life" of an SD card is, but once you've purchased that, it's purchased and can (potentially) be used in your next phone. The extra 16GB in the 32 version obviously stays with the phone.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I pre ordered the 16GB Pebble Blue, going to buy a 64GB sd card and be good to go forever lol. I mean I use a Droid 2 now and have 8 GB internal memory and it came with an extra 8GB sd card... so with 80GB total on the new phone I should be fine :)

Dawg0lic

Reaction score
ordered 32 gb fone and will use the 32 gb card from my old bionic fone

liteon163

Reaction score
I ordered a 32 GB pebble blue one. I was considering the 16 GB version, especially since it's cheaper. But then I figured I'd have the phone for as long as possible, so more memory would be better.

Sure, I'll be adding a 32 GB MicroSDHC card. And someday I may even swap that out for a 64 GB microSDXC card.

But look back... when was the last time more memory turned out to be a BAD thing?

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

Section VIII

Reaction score
I ordered the 32GB Pebble Blue because internal memory is going to be faster than expansion. Additionally, I plan on keeping it for a very long time to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan. Finally, I'm upgrading from the original Droid so it's a huge step up for me.

woodsie

Reaction score
16gb if I go with the S3. With cloud storage these says you pretty much only need phone storage for apps and a few odds and ends.

My entire music library is on Google Music and most other files I need are on dropbox. Done and done.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The internal access speed will be significantly faster than the phone accessing and or writing from/to an external SD card. If you splurged on the 32gb, you will be happy! Use an SD Card to only store music and pictures. Keeps apps on internal memory.

geoff5093

Reaction score
If I get one it will be the 16GB. The 32GB just isn't worth the extra $50.