What should Note 7 owners do next

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Note 5 is still better than most newer phones out now. BUT....

Due to the situation They should give you your upgrade back. Deal with them over the phone. In store they hire 80% of the time idiots despite their rigorous hiring practices I know they perform. If not threaten to leave. (Frankly that can only save you money) If you dead set on staying FCC complaints go a long way. It can be argued they sold you a defective phone from day 1. Everyone knows of the Note 7 battery blowup issue.

Also I hear Samsung has been helping ppl.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If you you want note ....luv it, use it, used to it, then stick with it. Otherwise you wont be content.

There's the idea to find another pen option like a tablet. But at the expense of portability. I have a Note 4 now and I'm sticking with it. Shoot I now want a surface pro so I can take work I do from the phone (Photoshop images and stuff ) to that so I use full Photoshop to finish them off.

You can also place Note 5 software on the Note 4 now like screen off memo. Which I have now.

Since Note7 has it issue then now it is time to be patient & actually staying with tue phone you have may just be the best thing for you now.

I can not see suggesting to anyone to buy a one year old Samsung phone. Hard press to get timely updates from Samsung with a new phone that alone a year old phone. Only way I could see suggesting it was if he caught a deal on EBay or Swappa. But to be stuck with the Note 5 for two years via exchange for the faulty note 7 is s loss in my book. Hence my suggestion to snag something cheaper like a nexus to hold him over until the note 8 if he is wanting something with a s pen or hold off with what he already has.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I can not see suggesting to anyone to buy a one year old Samsung phone. Hard press to get timely updates from Samsung with a new phone that alone a year old phone. Only way I could see suggesting it was if he caught a deal on EBay or Swappa. But to be stuck with the Note 5 for two years via exchange for the faulty note 7 is s loss in my book. Hence my suggestion to snag something cheaper like a nexus to hold him over until the note 8 if he is wanting something with a s pen or hold off with what he already has.

If updates actually mattered, that might be a concern. Since nothing Google has pushed out since MM has been "must have", the whole "timely update" issue is a moot point IMO.
Heck, I'm still on KK with my rooted S5 and am perfectly content.

S5 tap'n

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If updates actually mattered, that might be a concern. Since nothing Google has pushed out since MM has been "must have", the whole "timely update" issue is a moot point IMO.
Heck, I'm still on KK with my rooted S5 and am perfectly content.

S5 tap'n
True

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
good to see
bd1e5c125adec528e4d58e3103e5a7d2.jpg
. Reminds me of one of my Star Tac aftermarket antennas the way it has that small umbrella for a cap.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Reaction score

You cannot suggest that? You know Note 5 has alot of life left right? Hell im still on Note 4 and im fine with it. Id rather have my Note 4 then goto say an LG or lower grade Samsung like the S7 (edge) or whatever. Which was my point. I also stated that maybe it's better he stay with his phone. Note 5 can be consider a down only due to no sdcard. If you ever sold a phone most ppl could care less about updates as long as their phone works.

Waiting for a Note 8? You talking a year away while Samsung will have to deal with the note 7 blowup stigma. Question how would you know if Samsung doesn't recycle Note 7s (parts) & rebrand them as 8s? A question that will arise by someone I'm sure.

I will say this... I wouldn't use my upgrade though on a Note 5. I would just ebay or swappa me one. So yeah I agree with that. But that only applies to someone that like has to have the newest stuff. Frankly Note 3 still lives fine in 3rd party retailer world. Being up to date with updates has no bearing on whether it'll work or not.

Some consumers are too caught up on having the newest stuff. (Phone)

Also Note 5 will have more life infused into due to the XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM community. Hell even Note 4 will too. I'm sure there are ROMs coming with Ported Note 7 apps.

The main thing Note 7 is the gif creation feature everything else is cosmetic & only takes some porting.

Matter of fact what company your Note 4 is on? I think he said Verizon. Hold on.....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cannot suggest that? You know Note 5 has alot of life left right? Hell im still on Note 4 and im fine with it. Id rather have my Note 4 then goto say an LG or lower grade Samsung like the S7 (edge) or whatever. Which was my point. I also stated that maybe it's better he stay with his phone. Note 5 can be consider a down only due to no sdcard. If you ever sold a phone most ppl could care less about updates as long as their phone works.

Waiting for a Note 8? You talking a year away while Samsung will have to deal with the note 7 blowup stigma. Question how would you know if Samsung doesn't recycle Note 7s (parts) & rebrand them as 8s? A question that will arise by someone I'm sure.

I will say this... I wouldn't use my upgrade though on a Note 5. I would just ebay or swappa me one. So yeah I agree with that. But that only applies to someone that like has to have the newest stuff. Frankly Note 3 still lives fine in 3rd party retailer world. Being up to date with updates has no bearing on whether it'll work or not.

Some consumers are too caught up on having the newest stuff. (Phone)

Also Note 5 will have more life infused into due to the XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM community. Hell even Note 4 will too. I'm sure there are ROMs coming with Ported Note 7 apps.

The main thing Note 7 is the gif creation feature everything else is cosmetic & only takes some porting.

Matter of fact what company your Note 4 is on? I think he said Verizon. Hold on.....

What is different natively on the Note7 for making a gif than the plethora of available aftermarket apps? All the goodies the Note5 brought I already had on my Note4 thanks to aftermarket developers.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><