What should Note 7 owners do next

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am going to put this out there. Would you Note 7 owners consider this as your Next phone?

Microsoft Surface Phone!

Microsoft Surface Phone May Replace iPhone as Smartphone Superstar: Here's Why

44d5d7a10920f0b63b36a5d0dbbda1ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
I'm so married to the Android mobile system now and divorced from my desktop mentality of programs it'd be an interesting learning curve for me but I'd be willing to give it a shot. I really liked the inactivity between my old Windows Mobile and XP systems and already use an electronic stylus pen religiously as well as having that style of cover on my phone. I think I could live with 4GB of ram and a Carl Zeiss lens as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I am going to put this out there. Would you Note 7 owners consider this as your Next phone?

Microsoft Surface Phone!

Microsoft Surface Phone May Replace iPhone as Smartphone Superstar: Here's Why

44d5d7a10920f0b63b36a5d0dbbda1ac.jpg

This may well be their last stand ...app selection and development is one of the negatives many have stated when using Windows phones ...cameras have been decent but some phone builds so so ...let's hope they deliver with this one ..

iPhone 6s+ Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may well be their last stand ...app selection and development is one of the negatives many have stated when using Windows phones ...cameras have been decent but some phone builds so so ...let's hope they deliver with this one ..

iPhone 6s+ Tapatalk
I know quite a few who are using iPhones that wish they could get to their laptops more often at work. It's not so much the limitations of the phone it's the differing method of doing the same task. That's also what I meant with my old WM and XP. Checking or writing email was exactly the same method no matter which device. I think most are so acclimated to 2 methods of business productivity, like I've adopted the Office apps onto my Android phone, but it'd be nice to have a seamless method like I had years ago. I don't think it'll be an iPhone killer by any means but I'd like to try it. I could easily give up Android apps that I'm melded to (Power Amp, Tapatalk, etc) if it meant productivity ease along with legacy programs like a browser to read the actual sites, a music player program like on my desktop. My phone, which is so last year, is more powerful than my desktop yet less powerful than the rumored phone in the link.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I like the style/looks of the concept. For me the pen would have to attach to the device some how for storage. Other wise it seems no different than having to carry a regular stylus.

Samsung Note 7.5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the style/looks of the concept. For me the pen would have to attach to the device some how for storage. Other wise it seems no different than having to carry a regular stylus.

Samsung Note 7.5
Agreed.
I wonder if this
67802556c6cd84d4fb560c93a08cbf58.jpg
is where the pen stores, much like the Notes do theirs.
Look for Apple to sue them for how the stylus looks since after all Apple did invent the pencil, graphite and pretty much anything else the patent board will give them credit for.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Agreed.
I wonder if this
Look for Apple to sue them for how the stylus looks since after all Apple did invent the pencil, graphite and pretty much anything else the patent board will give them credit for.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I saw that too but my biggest concern is that is just a concept drawing. So who knows... At least it's supposed to be announced on the 26th so at least it's not that far away.

Samsung Note 7.5

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
People will buy it because it is windows and they have windows on their home computer, but I am likely to pass on a Window's phone.

As far as Samsung, if you want to bash them for their touchwiz or their slowness to updates then I'm down. But I am not going to jump on them too hard for the battery issue where I refuse to buy Samsung because of it. When you go out on a limb year after year to bring us better devices you will hit a snag, it's the nature of the beast. HTC plays it safe and makes the same basic phone year after year to the point it is boring. Samsung made 3 great phones this year in the S7, S7 edge, and the Note 7. There are people who love the phone (note 7) so much they are contemplating not returning it because they see no other device on the market that is on par.

Samsung will learn from this and will spend a little extra time in the QA and testing phase before release because they have this stench they need to get off of them. This will mean that phones from here on out will be even better.

So if you are a person that buys a phone every two year I would highly suggest you wait for the 8 (or the actual 7 as they skipped a number). If you buy phones every year then you have a few phone you can choose from.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's interesting, but don't think I'd be interested in the Windows Mobile experience, my laptop is constantly updating 10 now, and it's solely used for MS Excel and Project, and with email, I will look though.

Sent from my New Note 7

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Reaction score
My problem is what ever phone I get I will be stuck with it for 2 years. Verizon will not give me back my Upgrade. And i can't buy a phone outright right now. They are claiming every phone I pick is an Upgrade from the Note 4 I had. If I go with the Note 5 I will have a year old tech I will be stuck with for 2 years. I will also have to get a flash drive to save all my information and photos. I am one of those people that use the pen a lot for Electronic signatures and Credit card transactions for work. This is a big headache for me.

You can get a wifi flash stick that you can carry on your keys. Sandisk Connect it's called.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ppl he has a Note phone.... & he uses the SPen. Means a phone without the SPen will not work for him. You making all these other phone suggestions & frankly they won't do it. He will be looking for that pen all the time to do things like web surf.

I made a suggestion for you bro. The Sandisk Connect is a viable option. So getting u a Note 5 will be okay. My GF just got Note 5 due to having no other option when Note 7 was preferred. She will be getting herself a Sandisk Connect with whatever SDcard she wants with it & using it to store pics videos to keep space open for her Apps.

The Sandisk connect can act as a sort of network server too as 3 devices can connect to it. It can be connected to your router while at home so you will always have access to it that way & while away you can connect to it directly while using cell network for other things.

Reaction score
Note 5 is still better than most newer phones out now. BUT....

Due to the situation They should give you your upgrade back. Deal with them over the phone. In store they hire 80% of the time idiots despite their rigorous hiring practices I know they perform. If not threaten to leave. (Frankly that can only save you money) If you dead set on staying FCC complaints go a long way. It can be argued they sold you a defective phone from day 1. Everyone knows of the Note 7 battery blowup issue.

Also I hear Samsung has been helping ppl.

Reaction score
If you you want note ....luv it, use it, used to it, then stick with it. Otherwise you wont be content.

There's the idea to find another pen option like a tablet. But at the expense of portability. I have a Note 4 now and I'm sticking with it. Shoot I now want a surface pro so I can take work I do from the phone (Photoshop images and stuff ) to that so I use full Photoshop to finish them off.

You can also place Note 5 software on the Note 4 now like screen off memo. Which I have now.

Since Note7 has it issue then now it is time to be patient & actually staying with tue phone you have may just be the best thing for you now.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Agreed.
I wonder if this

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Last edited: