What should I trade in my Thunderbolt for?

sonnl

Reaction score
I've had it with this phone, I'm not gonna go into details but I'm just sick of havg a broken phone that's pretty much meant to be broken, so I'm returning it today and going to get another phone, but since I'm new to Verizon and Droid as well I don't know what's really good out there, honestly there's things I love about this phone but the bad just cancels it out all the good, but I don't want to go back to a more basic phone. So basically (I know I ramble lol) what's the next best Droid out there?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Googleaddict

Reaction score
What are the problems that you are having? I'm just wondering because my thunderbolt is arriving tomorrow and i hope i dont have to deal with the problems. And you should check out the Incredible 2.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, need more info on what you don't like. I've had 4 android phones including the TB, and i don't have any more problems with the TB than i did with any other droid. The battery life is a tad bit shorter than my past phones, but i expected that, and got an extended life battery.

Shel

Reaction score
GoogleAddict
Don't let the OP deter you!

Yea, some people have complained about battery life and other issues with the TB. I've had the original G1, and the Motorola Droid, and now I've had the Thunderbolt for about two weeks, and really love it!

Battery life- It IS an issue. It really depends on how you use your phone. I have the OEM car mount in my car, and it takes 10 seconds to put my TB in the car mount whenever I get in my car for a drive longer then ten minutes, and that charges my phone. If I go to Disneyland, or some amusement park with my kids, unless I purchase a 2nd battery, I'll be SOL... but...

The speed of this phone is AMAZING! Beautiful screen, amazing download speeds, browsing the internet is really a pleasure, I happen to really like Sense UI...

Also, the ability to use the TB as a hot spot is another great benefit. My kids have iPod's, and love the fact that when they're in the car with me, they can download apps, browse, etc. by having me turn on HotSpot, and the speeds they get are again, excellent.

Bottom line... pick up a TB and spend a week with it, and decide for yourself. You may hate it, decide you can't live with the battery life (I get about 6-8 hours when I've refrained from charging it during the day, to see how long it would really last without a recharge), but you also may decide that you really love it!

Tosc0012

Reaction score
I've had it with this phone, I'm not gonna go into details but I'm just sick of havg a broken phone that's pretty much meant to be broken, so I'm returning it today and going to get another phone, but since I'm new to Verizon and Droid as well I don't know what's really good out there, honestly there's things I love about this phone but the bad just cancels it out all the good, but I don't want to go back to a more basic phone. So basically (I know I ramble lol) what's the next best Droid out there?

Get a Blackberry:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

thurilok

Reaction score
I really don't get the backlash against TB. My original droid was failing so I got the TB last week. It's not perfect, but to my thinking there isn't a better phone available on Verizon right now. I'd have liked to have gotten the Atrix, but I wasn't ready to go over to ATT. The Thunderbolt is very fast and smooth. A week of heavy usage and I've only had one force close (and that was watching an Amazon Video On Demand movie via flash which was probably asking a lot considering the video isn't optimized for mobile). I'm in a 4G area and the network (except for today) is fantastic. I don't like the low resolution, or the sense keyboard but it's definitely a good 'bridge' phone until Android is optimized for multicore processors.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
iphone?

solid phone, great support, a lot better apps unlike the half apps that make up about 99% of the android market.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, a quick look at this members previous posts are he's having issues with freeze ups, can't send a 20 second movie by because it's too big and lo and behold he comes from an iPhone!

I think he said the movie issue was via text, if that's the case that's a Verizon thing so even if you go back to iPhone you will still have that issue. I have a feeling your freeze up issue is caused by certain apps you may be running, perhaps something that a Verizon Store person recommended.

I don't see any attempts at trying to fix these issues so probably Android is not a phone for you. You should go back to iPhone. Good luck.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
GET THE DROID CHARGE!!!!!!!!!! 4-28-2011

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kerbero9

Reaction score
Seriously, just get an iPhone.

Android is a mess right now. Between the fragmentation and the phone manufacturers who halfthrow android on a handset without any regard to the user experience. They ditch their customers and go off working on the next Droid or Incredibolt. Your stuck with a gimped phone that is end of life in a few months.

When is the last time HTC or Moto put out a little bug fix update to their phones ??? Exactly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums and waiting for my upgrade date to come so I can go back to ios with open arms

yiannis

Reaction score

Android is a mess right now.

It may be a mess, but it provides for a faster phone, a supremely faster internet connection, more customizable programming with modifications and Google Maps.

Sure, if these are not factors for any poster they should definitely get an iPhone.

Googleaddict

Reaction score

Android is a mess right now. Between the fragmentation and the phone manufacturers who half throw android on a handset without any regard to the user experience. They ditch their customers and go off working on the next Droid or Incredibolt. Your stuck with a gimped phone that is end of life in a few months.

When is the last time HTC or Moto put out a little bug fix update to their phones ??? Exactly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums and waiting for my upgrade date to come so I can go back to ios with open arms

ipod touch 4th gen + htc thunderbolt = happy camper :).
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk