What should i expect?

satarecah

Reaction score
Well i haven't had Verizon since the original flip phone razr lol... I am just switching over from AT&T with the samsung captivate (was fun to mess with just dosent cut it anymore) not to mention att service in my town is only edge >.<. So i am just wondering what to expect. I got a brand new one for .01 with a 2year contract is it going to be alot different then the captivate or pretty much same principle but more power... And for those wondering yes i bought my otterbox defender and already have the zagg kit waiting at home :D. So i want to hear what people think about this phone im excited but i wanna know i can't wait till monday its killing me >.>

james.razr

Reaction score
I don't like at & t....good luck with the new phone....how did you start this thread...I need help to start my own....thanks.

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
Im not switching to At&t im switching off them for their lack of 3g in rural areas and ive always loved android :) so i figured ill just go droid and get 3g while im at it

james.razr

Reaction score
how did you start this thread...I need help to start my own....thanks

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
I went to the main forum selected razr as my device...... Oh and do you know if i get the gmail account with all the same apps?

james.razr

Reaction score
thanks....
on the apps....if you download free apps u have to download them again on the new phone. there mite be a way to save them to your sd card but im not sure if u can do that....

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
I think paid apps are carrier convergent because android is google... not att or verizon so we shall see :)

RedTarget

Reaction score
Any paid apps that you have will be linked to your gmail account. As mentioned previously, free apps will have to be downloaded manually. Though if you are rooted you could use a program like titanium backup to make backups of your apps then restore them on your new device by using the same SD card until the apps are restored.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
i was worried about the paid ones thank you :) seems ill have a new phone after all! im done with AT&T once and for all im off to 3g and 4glte neva neva land!

Deron

Reaction score
Had the Droid X for a year and loved it. When my one year contract was up in opted for the Droid Razr. Overall the RAZR is fantastic. The phone runs fast and the smart actions app really extends battery life. I also have the Otterbox Defender case and love the way the phone looks in it, not to mention the added peace of mind.

A few downsides I will mention.

1. Because the phone's footprint is so large it makes typing a bit difficult for me since my hands are used to the Droid X. I may have found a solution with my newly downloaded SwiftKey X app. Seems to be helping but I will need to use it longer to make a proper judgment.

2. Although the smart action app helps prolong battery life while doing light or moderate use, I am a bit disappointed in battery life for heavy usage. In battery experiments (posted in another thread) I found the Droid Razr and Droid X have very similar battery lives with active usage. DROID RAZR only had slightly better battery life for some activities like streaming video on 3g or wifi. The RAZR is almost 2 years newer than Droid X, yet battery drain is equal or only mildly superior to the previous generation phone. And that is only comparing usage with 3g. Using 4g LTE drains the battery even 20% faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cwoms167

Reaction score
Did you use the Droid x for the experiment or the Droid x2 because now is dual core and one is not and that will also affect battery life since the Droid razr is dual core

OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
Ive mess around with the s2 skyrocket so yeah dual core eats up battery ... like the batterys have improved but it dosent show because the rest of the hardware is a bit ahead of the battires so it will prolly have a similar battery life and im fine with that i just text in college i do all the fun stuff at home :p

Deron

Reaction score
Did you use the Droid x for the experiment or the Droid x2 because now is dual core and one is not and that will also affect battery life since the Droid razr is dual core

I'm used the original Droid X for comparison. It was a single core processor.