1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What should I expect my battery life to be?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by drice72, Dec 21, 2010.

1. drice72

drice72 New Member

I have been trying different Roms and kernels for several months. I can't seem to find a combo that gives me stability as well as good battery life. To tonight I started wondering if it was my usage and not my software causing the problem. I have no internet at home, so I do all of my browsing and social networking with my phone. I will surf, chat, FB, and twitter for hours straight. As you can imagine my battery drops go 20% or less in just a few hours, like three or four. My question is. If my phone was stock, would I have the same problem? Would my battery last just a few hours with a lot of browser, video, and chat? My GF has a BB Tour. Its bone stock and doesn't get much better life than I do.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Kobe24

Kobe24 New Member

If you're using it for hours straight, then no it won't get any better

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

Yeah, hours of data flowing and the screen on will chomp through that battery. I suggest picking up an extended battery, the D2 ext batt works and adds only a tiny bit of thickness, or a seidio monster battery if you dont mind the car battery attached to the back of your phone lol.
  4. drice72

drice72 New Member

That is what I was thinking. I like the set-up I have so I think I'll stick with it and go looking for and extended life battery.

Thanks!
  5. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

Not a problem, i had the D2 ext batt on my D1 for a few months. Couldnt live without it after i tried it, it adds about 1/3 more batt life if i recall correctly.
  6. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

If youre overclocked and rooted you'll kill the battery faster than if you were stock since you are using more power to run at a higher clockspeed. I tend to get about 6-10 hours of usage out of my droid with a max frequency of 1.2 GHz while my friends that have stock droids can get like 15-20 hours.